1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lite on key retreval question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by chriswhit, Nov 4, 2013.

1. chriswhit

chriswhit Regular member

I have a lite-on DG16D2S 74850C and Ive flashed many drives but not this type. My problem is someone before I got it broke the solder pads off where the white wires go inside the drive. Can I still get my key if I cant re hook the wires? I have probe and got a good idea what Im doing just not sure if it matters on the wires that are soldered inside the drive or not. it looks like the wires go to a switch to tell the drive its closed. I already have a new drive ready to be flashed with stock firmware. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. richietea

richietea Regular member

You should be fine to extract the key without having those wires connected.Best way to find out is hook it up to whatever you use for flashing considering you said you have modded drives firmware before.Be it a sata chipset or x360usb.Connect it and open up jungleflasher and the drive should show up.Read the jungleflasher TUT as it shows you how to probe the 101 point on the liteon.Save the key and manually spoof to the new drive.