1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lite-On LH-18A1P

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Notready, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Notready

Notready Member

Is this burner junk? I am throwing away 25% of my dvds. I get different errors:

Power calibration error
    Write error

Yesterdays I received this error (write error) on 3 of them. I have tried burning at slower rates. (I don't understand this because with previous burners I burned @ 16x with no problems). Under another forum I found a result for googling an error to change IMAPI CD burning COM services under admin tools in the control panel to "disabled". I don't know what that even is, but it didn't help. I changed the firmware yesterday from GLOC to GLOF. I buy my media from bestbuy. Currently I have Fuji, Sony, and Verb. Prior to the firmware update the burner couldn't recognize the Sonys so that is a + since I have about 120 of them still from a sale last year. I burned 10 dvds yesterday and wasted 4 (4/14). With other burners in the past with similar media from Bestbuy I might throw away one in a cake of 50.

Any ideas? Did I leave anything out?

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

POsts the log of your failed burn here. Last one only please.

3. Notready

Notready Member

I don't know if you need all of this. Sorry if this is long. Thanks for looking. How many burners are just defective or bad from the shelf?

4. Notready

Notready Member

I don't see any way to edit my latest post. (sorry) I tried imgburn also and that failed and the trial/simulation even failed so I uninstalled it. Nero always worked for me but everyone raves about it so I tried it. Didn't even work once for me.

5. Notready

Notready Member

I have wasted 4 more dvds now. On the last one I received a msg when closing it. I captured it but can't upload it here. It was a msg saying I need the wnaspi.dll. (This application has failed to start because wnaspi.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem) I d/l this file but I don't know where it goes. I read in '98 it's in the system folder. I have XP, so should it go in the system folder or system32?

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I reccomend you uninstall that version of Nero 7 (write down your serial number prior to uninstalling!), using these clean tools found on their website..

Firstly,
    http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/General_CleanTool.html

Then,
    http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/Driver_CleanTool_and_RegistryChecker.html

Now, reinstall Nero, using the latest version (which can be found here at AfterDawn) and then go from there.

Also, you can read up on this, and if the reinstall of Nero doesn't fix the ASPI problem, then go ahead and install ForceASPI.

http://aspi.radified.com/

7. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Notready,
    Your burn error is below. The burner is not recog the blank media you are using. Have you tried (+)DVD's to see if it does this. I have that burner but I only use (+) DVD made by Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden and then I bookset the drive to DVD-Rom. It still should be under warranty and if it fails w/ (+)DVD's then I would take it back.

22:12:01 #23 SPTI -1135 File SCSIPassThrough.cpp, Line 291
    F: CdRom2: SCSIStatus(x02) WinError(0) NeroError(-1135)
    Sense Key: 0x03 (KEY_MEDIUM_ERROR)
    Sense Code: 0x0C

8. Notready

Notready Member

I currently have 3 different kinds of media. (verb, fuji, and sony) All are dvd-r. I was using the minuses with the last burner which was the predecessor to this burner.

I also found the .dll file on the other installation of windows I have on a different partition. I copied it to the this one which I found in the system32 folder. I have only burned 2 dvds so far, but we'll see how it goes! Maybe I'll try to see if the place I bought it from will take it back.

thanks

9. Notready

Notready Member

I only got a few seconds into a burn with a dvd+r and it failed with a power calibration error. So now I have 4 different brands of media, both + and - and about a total of 200 dvdrs now. I don't think this burner likes anything.

10. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Take it back for either exchange or get another brand. There is no sense in worrying too much about as you can get a bad one

11. Munch58

Munch58 Guest

Use DVDFab and ImgBurn....I don't use Nero anymore and have alot less headaches.

12. Notready

Notready Member

I tried ImgBurn but I could not get it to work. I don't know anything DVDFab. I will try that but I bought another burner and hopefully they will take this one and exchange it or something. I'm pretty sure they say I have some other pc problem through. When I go there and the guy looks at the device mgr he says I have some other problem and I need to fix that first. When I look at it looks like this [​IMG]

This is taken from this page: http://support.packardbell.com/se/item/index.php?i=instr_hdd_patasata&ppn=PB14303191

I do not have a packardbell or whatever it is. I know when I look at my device mgr I have 2 under each of IDE controllers though. I have my bios for both PATA & SATA otherwise I can't use all my HDs. Anyway, when he sees that he will say that is the problem.

13. Munch58

Munch58 Guest

I have 3 primary IDE and 3 secondary IDE showing in my device manager. I have 6 SATA connections and 1 IDE connection. My hd shows up on the primary and my 2 optical drives show up on secondary IDE. Let me know how your drive return goes. Also, ImgBurn has excellent walkthroughs here. http://www.imgburn.com/ Click on the guides tab. DVDFab Platinum is free to try and $49.95 to buy...well worth it IMO. It can shrink, remove cp's and burn all in one step.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2007