1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lite On LH-20A1H weird problems using dvd+r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JSKILL, Mar 13, 2007.

1. JSKILL

JSKILL Member

I just recently purchased this drive off of newegg for its lightscribe capabilities. I installed it and I notice one problem. When it starts to rip/play/burn any dvd it goes for like 30 seconds then it just stops spinning for about 5 secs and then it restarts again. It does eventually finish the task but its annoying becuase once it gets to its full speed it just stops and then has to build back up to speed again so it takes much longer. I was curious if anyone else has had this problem or if anyone knew of a firmware that could fix it. Thank you

2. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

sometimes it will read a full speed and slow down and conplete a certain task then start up agin and do the next task if the disc has what you wanted on it you should be fine maybe someone on AD has a liteon might know a little more

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

As stated there is nothing wrong with your drive. If you are using Ripit4me the drive will spin up and down as the PSL is being inserted at the necessary points. Could also be having trouble reading from the source disc due to scratched, but if you are getting no errors I wouldn't worry about it.

4. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@JSKILL

keep up with your firmware udates some drives have problems with reading certian media at first..It's almost like it's got to learn the media that you insert..I had the same problem at first with lite-on 18x..from newegg..

5. JSKILL

JSKILL Member

ok thanks for the help...yea other than the spinning stopping a few times i love the drive. I will keep looking for firmware updates and see what it does

6. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Download Dvd Decrypter in Decrypter you will be sent to a firmware site if there is a update you can get it there.In Decrypter go to tools to drive down to Check for Firmware Updates

7. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I similar results from my NEC and BenQ drives....good luck and happy burning.