1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liteon 74850 previous flash have keys, how to dump & flash new CFW without probe?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by djquilk, Nov 30, 2011.

1. djquilk

djquilk Member

Hey Guys,

Hoping someone might be able to help, i have a previously flashed XBOX 360 (Fat) with a Liteon 74850. I'm assuming it has IXtreme 1.61 because I got a CD with it and the following .bin files on the CD ( dummy , identify, inquiry, key, Lite_CFW, Serial ).

So my question is do I need to get any additional hardware (CK3 probe, etc.. ) or do I technically have the DVDkey on this CD and should I be able to flash the drive with the newest firmware LT3 coming out in early december with just a SATA and molex.

Sorry for the N00B question there's just not that much on this subject and I would rather be sure than messing up the drive.

Thanks in advance
    Djquilk

2. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

If you've already got a dump of the firmware, which you have (although read below), then you can just erase the drive and flash with the latest custom firmware. You don't need a probe.

In your case, the only thing you need to be wary of is that the firmware on the CD is definitely for your console. As someone else flashed the drive, if they made a mistake and copied a different 360's firmware to the CD, then if you erase your drive you'll lose your key permanently and you're screwed.

3. djquilk

djquilk Member

So if I trust the source where I got my keys, do I use Jungleflasher to erase the drive and flash it with the latest custom firmware or do you have any other suggestions of software or keywords that I can look up for instead of using Jungleflasher, the easier the better :)

4. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

Yeah, use JungleFlasher. The guide for it is linked in the pinned tutorials thread at the very top of this forum.