1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liteon 811s Not Recognizing DVD+Rs

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by HacksawAM, Jun 23, 2004.

1. HacksawAM

HacksawAM Member

So I read up on some of the previous 811s threads and followed their suggestions of flashing to a newer firmware with no improvement. Basically, my 811s is recognized as a dvd/rw when it's empty or playing a dvd, but as soon as a put blank media in it is recognized as a cd drive with no media loaded. Very wierd indeed. Again following suggestions in previous threads I tried different media branda, all with the same issue. Even the discs that shipped with the drive brought up the error. My rig is running an up to date version of xp btw.

Anyway, any suggestions on where to proceed from here would be appreciated and I'm getting a bit frustrated at this point. Thanks guys.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It may help to uninstall the IDE that your burner is on through Device Manager, reboot, then let Windows detect and install the drive :)

3. jilez345

jilez345 Member

Do you have a lite-on CD burner also? I had the same problem. Only way I figured out to fix it was to remove the CD drive, and just use the DVD burner. I would like to use both however, they seem to conflict with each other.

4. HacksawAM

HacksawAM Member

Yep, I do have both Lite-on products and I also don't want to give up my cd writer to be able to use my dvd burner. Any ideas on a solution...that's a pretty serious issue to have two of your own products conflict.