1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liteon drive won't flash

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by thelaw1, Jul 31, 2011.

1. thelaw1

thelaw1 Member

Help! I have a liteon dg-16d2s-09c 93450c a0a2 sep/2009 and i built a probe, it works but when i go to phatkey and probe the port mpx01 it says

Extract Complete

to continue you must:

Ensure probe is removed -check, i unplugged it from s232 to usb-

power off - unplugged power from back of drive (hooked up to xbox360 for power-

wait 5 secs -done-

power on - plugged cable back in

press ok -done-

then the grand finale:Extracted drive key failed Verification !

please help

2. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

There is no probe I know of works on the 9xxx series other than the lizard. Did you build a PMT probe?

3. thelaw1

thelaw1 Member

No, I bult a probe from: this site just google: how to build a liteon probe (first link)
    It seemed to work, but then it neeeded us to turn it off 5 sec then turn on then it ddnt wrk
    What's a pmt probe?

Oh I Forgot, we're using X360 USB Pro.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  4. SONA007

SONA007 Member

HomeMade PMT Probe using the tutorial from Hacking Jungle works.You just need an additonal DVD Power Cable to which you need to attach a switch on Pin 6 (3.3 v line) and a probe (A needle) attached to gnd on Pin 5.Addtionaly you may attach an LED with the +ve leg of LED on 3.3 v line viz. Pin 6 and the -ve leg of the LED to Gnd ( Pin 5 ) and follow the same procedure.I have been successful in extracting the Firmware using it although this method does not dump the calibration data.Check the diagram and images of the finished PMT probe.

5. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Huh. You just said you built it? What you mentioned is a purchased product.

6. SONA007

SONA007 Member

Building a PMT Probe is not a big deal and I never purchased any finished product from any site except for spare dvd power cable and Sata cable from the local market after much research.I got major help from the diagrams posted on hacking jungle site.But the attitude of Modking shows as if he is a promotor or salesman of products like Lizard or others being sold.

Guide For Building HomeMade PMT Probe :
    http://www.hackingjungle.com/forum/...o-need-ck3-just-compatable-sata-360-usb-8847/

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  7. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

i have a probe 3 and i've never had a problem, i only paid 14 dollars for it and got the power cable which has a built in power switch, maybe you should have just ordered one and you wouldn't be having the problems, i get the key from 9 series all the time using it.