1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

liteon drive wont play comercial DVD's

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by lorunner, Feb 9, 2007.

1. lorunner

lorunner Member

Just installed my liteon lightscribe drive. It wont play comercial DVD's but will play backed up DVD's. I check the region and made it region 1 for the US but it wont play or even recognize that there is a disc in the drive.

I have it set to Master and the old drive i had i took it out and put it in an external case and is hooked up using USB. That is also set to master.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

What happens when you try to play a commercial DVD? Do you have N ero or Roxio on your computer? Both have a DVD player in the suite.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I am assuming your running a windows pc? Correct? Or are you running a Linux distro.? If its Linux then the most likely problem would be that it can't decrypt the contents of the disc because of DRM. But if its windows theres a lot more possibilities as to why the DVD wont play.

4. lorunner

lorunner Member

Im using Windows Xp media. The burner came with Nero 7 Essentials which i installed.

When i put the DVD in the drive just spins. When i go into nero it doesnt detect that there is even a disc in the drive. Also when i go to my computer the drive never shows there is a disc in it either.

I installed Nero using this drive and it recognizes that fine.