1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LITEON DVD LVW-5005

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Eds, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Eds

Eds Member

I am considering a purchase of this product as it has
    good reviews band is priced right. I am asking for other opinions on this product. Also considering Sony or JVC.
    Any input greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Ed

2. JimLely

JimLely Member

The downside is that the 5005 has a mono tuner. The upside is that it is dual format and will also burn CDs. There is also much hacked firmware available.

Jim

3. Eds

Eds Member

Could you perhaps email me directly with respect to firmware and features that have been changed because of this? I have been able to get a little insight from the other forum on the web but can always use more.
    Thanks
    eds@yos-wbm.com

4. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... Eds ... These topics have been completely discussed in this forum ... go through and do some reading ... There is a ton of info, just do some reading ...

5. 2ndPlace

2ndPlace Member

I love my 5005 seem to work great i got mine right after christmas from kmart from $150 you cant beat that for a dvd recorder.I have yet to have any problem with it i love that i can record on just about any media...I would say get lite-on as i love mine

6. Eds

Eds Member

I am also researching the LDW-5045 and expect to order a product this week. I did check over the various posts on this forum and I also went to the liteon home site. I noticed ther were several firmware updates for
    the various products but no documentation as to what problems or enhancements they provide. In the case of the 5045 there were 4 firmware files. Can anyone advise what issues these deal with? I have spent the day on the web gathering info and downloaded operation manuals for the 5005 and 5045.I appreciate some feedback on the firmware updates.
    Thanks
    ED

7. Eds

Eds Member

I am also researching the LDW-5045 and expect to order a product this week. I did check over the various posts on this forum and I also went to the liteon home site. I noticed ther were several firmware updates for
    the various products but no documentation as to what problems or enhancements they provide. In the case of the 5045 there were 4 firmware files. Can anyone advise what issues these deal with? I have spent the day on the web gathering info and downloaded operation manuals for the 5005 and 5045.I appreciate some feedback on the firmware updates.
    Thanks
    ED