1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

liteon dvd recorder

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by leefish, Jan 2, 2005.

1. leefish

leefish Member

could someone please advise me on the liteon 5006 recorder . thinking of buying this week..how good are they. will be used mostly with my sony trv20 to put film on disc..thanks leefish.

2. Gorobca

Gorobca Guest

Hi Leefish:

I bought a Lite On 5006 about a month ago and so far it has burned any media I've put in it (DVD+/-RW, CD-Rs, CD-RWs).

I have a Sony TRV720 (D8) and I've been able to transfer my home movies to DVDs without a problem.

This unit also handles the overscan issue relatively well. While other units put thick blue lines or show some video distortion, the only thing you will see with this unit is a thin line (about 1mm thick) at the top of the screen.

3. leefish

leefish Member

hi Gorobca thanks for the reply.,just wondering is your camera h8 cam or digital . never herd of this problem of the 1cm line before, wonder has anyone else had this prob. leefish

4. JimLely

JimLely Member

Can you owners of the 5006 tell me whether the tuner is mono or stereo?

Thanks,

Jim

5. Gorobca

Gorobca Guest

I have a Digital 8 camcorder. Recordings from this camera are flawless, it's just when you want to record TV programs or VHS tapes that you will see the line.

6. leefish

leefish Member

ok Gorobca that will do me,i wont be recording tv , only soap's and they are no big deal. just as long as recording from camea is ok .home movies etc. thangs for that.leefish .ps if any one has anything more to add would be great...