1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

liteon ltr-16102b

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by devilhunt, Oct 23, 2004.

1. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

my liteon ltr-16102b has finaly died after many years of excelent service and i'm looking for recommendations for a replacment drive to replace this one

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Assuming you gonna go for a Combo Drive -- DVD/CD burner -- It seems in here that the choice is Pioneer ! There are quite a few good drives ! Have a look at some of the threads where that questions has been answered many, many times !

Here's a thread :- http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/110650

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

If you want just a straight CD burner then either the Lite-On 52327S or Asus 5232AS are great drives for under $30.

If you back up PC games at all you'd be well served to take a look at the Plextor Premium which is quite simply the best drive available for the task.

If you're considering a DVD burner then my recommendations lie with either Plextor, Pioneer or Lite-On.

My .02 :)

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

thanks for the answers i already have a pioneer dvr108 and just wanted a replacment cdrw drive (sorry forgot to put that in my post),as i occasionally do backup the odd pc game that plextor certanly looks tempting will have to see if funds will allow, once again thanks for the input