1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LiteOn LVC-9015G DVD/VCR Recorder

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by BTJustice, May 8, 2007.

1. BTJustice

BTJustice Member

I recently got this on Woot...

http://www.woot.com/Blog/BlogEntry.aspx?BlogEntryId=2368

I received it today and hooked it up. It works fine with my Dish Network receiver, but whenever I try to record to any type DVD, it seems like it records fine for a few minutes then the video and audio pause on screen. I have to pull the power cord then plug it back in to be able to do anything. Do I have a dud?

I tried upgrading the firmware following the instructions on the LiteOn website to the T, but nothing comes up on my screen when I insert the CD-R with the latest firmware on it.

I have it hooked up this way. From the Dish Network 311 box I used an S-Video cable and a set of RCA audio cables to plug it into my LiteOn LVC-9015G. From the LiteOn, I used another S-Video cable and another set of RCA Audio cables to hook it up to my TV. The picture looks great.

I tried recording to a DVD long enough before it would error out. I played the recording just fine so I am not sure what is going to to be honest. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I might run to a store and get a couple of brand new Sony DVD+RWs to try and see if I have bad DVDs but I find that to be unlikely.

2. BTJustice

BTJustice Member

I was finally able to get the firmware updated. I had to go to SOURCE > COMPANY LOGO to get it to go. With the firmware upgrade disc in, the COMPANY LOGO page said FILE.

And after the update, I still have the same issues.

3. BTJustice

BTJustice Member

Here was how I was able to upgrade my firmware for those that may have an issue doing this like I did...

1) Go to http://www.liteonit.com/DC/english/download.htm and download the latest firmware version for your LiteOn DVD Recorder. BE SURE YOU SELECT THE RIGHT MODEL!

2) Open the .ZIP file and extract the firmware file to a location you can remember. I extracted it to my C:\ drive.

3) Close the program you used to extract the firmware.

4) Stick a blank CD-R into your CD Burner and open your CD Burning program. I use Nero 7. Specifically the Nero Burning ROM.

5) When opening the Nero Burning ROM, the NEW COMPILATION window pops up. Be sure it says CD on the top left on the drop down list. Also be sure CD-ROM ISO is selected. Then click NEW.

6) Leave the CD LABEL as NEW. Go to the location where you saved the firmware file on the right side of the Nero Burning ROM screen. Left-click once on it to select it (it should be highlighted in blue when you do this) and then right-click once on it and select COPY TO COMPILATION to add it to the CD.

7) At this point, the label for the CD should say NEW and you should have only one file which is the firmware file. Click BURN.

8) The BURN COMPILATION window pops up. Click the MULTISESSION tab. Dot the circle in front of NO MULTISESSION. Click the ISO tab. Data Mode should be set to MODE 1 and the file system should be set to ISO 9660 ONLY. Click BURN.

9) Turn your LiteOn DVD recorder on.

10) Open the DVD tray. Put in the CD you created but DO NOT CLOSE THE TRAY YET!

11) Hit the SOURCE button until you are on the COMPANY LOGO screen.

12) Close the tray. Follow the directions on the screen to upgrade your firmware. Be sure to remove the CD when you are done.