1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

liteon or lg

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Kai79, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Kai79

Kai79 Member

I'm considering of buying a DVD+/-RW burner and I would like to hear some user experiences about these drives;
    -LG GSA-4081B 8x IDE DVD+/-RW (Super Multi Dvd Writer)115€
    -LG GSA-4081SB 8x DVD+/-RW 122€
    -Liteon LDW-451S 4x/4x/12x IDE DVD+/-RW 97€

which do you recommend? Any other suggestions?

thanks in advance

2. DennisLo

DennisLo Guest

I have both a LG4020B DVD burner and a number of LG CDRW drives, probably four or more. I like LG drives, they work well for their price. But, afer purchasing the LiteOn 811S drive in my opinion the LiteOn is a better drive because the LiteOn is much better when it comes to reading scratched media. My LG drives don't do well on reading scratched or even slightly scratched discs sometimes. I can try to read some movie DVD's and the LG's will give an error cannot read file sometimes. My LiteOn and Toshiba drives usually will read these disks no problem through DVD Decrypter for example. All my computers and we have four of them in our home have two cddrives in them, either two CDRW burners or a combination of a cdrw and a DVD burner. The computers co-exist with two cddrives without any problems at all and I do that because many times I copy straight CD to CD or DVD to DVD. One thing I will say about my LG drives is when you e-mail a question at thier website I have always gotten an answer. It has never been technical enough for me, but they at least do. I have heard getting a response from LiteOn is impossible, but I hate to admit this is the norm in the industry for support. You have to rely on a forum such as this excellent one.

Dennis