1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

little black book and re2

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by lcohen448, Jan 11, 2005.

1. lcohen448

lcohen448 Member

I recently downloaded anydvd and decryptor and dvd shrink software. I used these programs to successfully burn those movies. After I put those movies in my dvd player, my player couldnt play them. Can anyone please help me? and y? My dvd player says cannot play disc or something like that. did i do something wrong.. thanks for helping.

2. nevertime

nevertime Guest

Firstly check the manual and other literature that came with your DVD player (Including the player itself) for a model number. You can then go to the manufacturer's website and input the model number for customer service and support OR an outline of features. Some DVD Players do not support the viewing of DVD-R (+ or -) media or are confined to viewing DVD+R rather than DVD-R. The DVD writer you are using may only support +R or -R so try both. An easy way to find out if DVD+R is compatable with your DVD player is checking the manual.

hope I've been of help :)

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What are the steps you use when backing up your movies? You may be doing something wrong.
    Also what is the brand and type of DVD media you are using?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  4. RCCola

RCCola Member

I cant answer ya for Re2 casue I used VOBBlocker but I used the new version of Decrypter to backup Lil Black Book - after inserting the dvd into your dvd player - press the fast forward button or let it go for about 10-15 seconds - there is a few frames there that are blank and it takes them few seconds to get into the movie.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You can cure that problem by using the "Start" "End" frame tool in Shrink

6. lcohen448

lcohen448 Member

Thanks for your posts, I haven't had a chance o get online.. I used fujifilm media. This is it... I cleaned re2 with some windex and re-instered the movie in my dvd player and it worked. It had a smudge and maybe thats why it didnt work. My dvd player is basically like 6-8months old. I've been burning for awhile. The little black book movie, iam going to try it again tonight when i get home. Ill try by pressing fast forward. i used anydvd and used decypt and shrink.