1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little Black Book DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by doccomjm, Jan 12, 2005.

1. doccomjm

doccomjm Member

I have read all the existing threads on the little black book movie and nothing helps. My problem is pretty simple my computer won't recognize the Little Black Book DVD. Now i know its not a defective disc because it plays in my dvd player, i know its not a defective drive because i just finished copying Paparazzi. I downloaded anydvd the newest version, did nothing although its a very nice piece of software, i tried powerDVD, winDVD, all of them. My computer just won't recognize the disc. Any ideas?

2. doccomjm

doccomjm Member

Finally, I finished burning paparazzi and left dvd shrink 3.2 open and popped in little black book and all the sudden anydvd 4.5.2.1 was able to remove the encrytion. and i can finally copy the movie.

3. barryware

barryware Member

The new DVD's manufactured by SonyPictures have media protection (bad blocks)on the DVD. The origional disk tells the player to skip around these blocks. Another title that has the same protection is the new Resident Evil. My first attempt at backing up Resident Evil, I thought my computer and DVD were locking up. They were not, just taking a long time to attempt to read the blocks. On resident Evil and Little Black Book, the 1st VOB file in both the wide screen and the normal screen presentations have over 3500 bad blocks. I used DVD decriptor and told it to ignore bad blocks and replace the bad blocks with dummy blocks. It took about 6 hours to rip the DVD but burned perfectly using InstantCopy.

4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

BarryWare - That's interesting - I tried both RE2 and little black book ! RE2 I tried and coul'nt get a good burn /rip! Little Black Book however burned perfectly ! on the same computrt & burners . Go figure! I use DVD SHRINK & DVD DECRYPTER - Mainly shrink . Small dvd's I rip & burn with decrypter - those under the megabyteage limit. THOSE that are above decrypters limit I use shrink & Roxio or Shrink &decrypter to rip & and burn. I am using the latest version of DVD decrypter now. Perhaps I should try RE2 again? Peace

5. klumetta

klumetta Member

i made a backup of little black book and re2 using dvd clone with anydvd running in the background. any dvd blocks the copy protection. both programs avail. at slysoft.com