1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little But Annoying Problem!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by xXxBG, Dec 26, 2007.

1. xXxBG

xXxBG Regular member

See, every Single Site that requires you me to Sign in, Like afterdawn,gmail,torrent sites,gamespot, all of them all of the sudden sign me out everytime i close the Internet. WHY IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLS Help, its getting really annoying.

2. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Are you clearing out your cookies?

3. xXxBG

xXxBG Regular member

nope

4. varnull

varnull Guest

Most sites use an "inactivity logout" system. It's for the benefit of the servers really, but a lot of admins will tell you it's for your account security. Default setting with phpbb2 is 3600 secs, but can be changed by site admins.

It's only polite to logout when you leave a site as it helps with server loads on smaller (sometimes home hosted) sites. A lot of servers are configured to periodically check all connections and kill any which don't return a 1. If you attempt to stay connected all the time to my server it will eventually see you as a possible hacker and will ban your ip.. nice little mod script....

aD does sometimes and not others. I think it depends if you are connected or not during a server connection refresh cycle.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2007
  5. xXxBG

xXxBG Regular member

But i dont get it, for 5 years this has never happened, and all of the sudden????

6. varnull

varnull Guest

No idea.. maybe you are using a properly configured browser?

It should send a "quit" to all active connections on close, so logging out of everywhere is only normal behaviour... try telling the sites to "remember me" next time you login.

hang about.. comcast.. is that a dynamic ip?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2007
  7. xXxBG

xXxBG Regular member

done that

8. varnull

varnull Guest

If your isp DHCP lease expires while you are disconnected it can see you as an "unknown" connection.. check your cookies.. maybe clear them and start again