1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

little help for a newbie guys!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jimcreedx, Nov 5, 2007.

1. jimcreedx

jimcreedx Guest

im reading about modding an xbox 360, and it sounds great, but how hard is it do? and what exactly can you do w/ a modded xbox???

is there a place that sells pre-modded systems, i have no clue what you are talking about in the tutorials?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

what can you do: play back up copies of games. That's it.
    How hard is it, i would say on a scale of 1-10 it may be about a 6.5 for someone with no knowledge of what they are doing.
    Do some sites sell premodded systems: well of course they do.

3. jimcreedx

jimcreedx Guest

when you say back-up copies of games, does that mean i can load a game onto the xbox hard drive and play w/ no disc, or is modding used just to protect the games you own, in case of scratches.

also, where can i find a good site that will sell me what i need, and can you recoment a good tutorial to follow that will explain what needs to be done in a manner that someone will little or no skill w/ this kind of stuff could follow?

4. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

no you cant put the games on the hdd yet, its just for protecting the orig. disk.
    you can search for a premoded system on sell.com i personally now a guy there that sells them.
    heres a good tute
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/424523

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  5. steimy

steimy Active member

to be perfectly honest jimcreedx, if you do not know what modding is for then i really see no reason for you to have a modded console. You have dreams of all the things it may do, and it will do none of them. It will play a game (original) that you make a back up copy of (on Verbatim DVD+R DL discs) and that is all, nothing more.

For that you have a lot of learning because unless you own a certain Samsung DVD-Rom in your PC (SH-D162C or SH-D163A flashed with Kreon firmware) the process for backing up an original is a bit more complex. And not getting it right is expensive seeing that good quality DVD+R DL discs will cost about $1.85 each ($37.00 for 20).
    And if you do try to save money and buy cheap DVD+R DL you will have even less success.