1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little Help please?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by BryanT, Sep 28, 2004.

1. BryanT

BryanT Member

Whats up everyone i just joined here and have looking at threads for about an hour and cant find an answer to my question. I recently modded my PS2 with the DMS3 chip, i need to know what games i back up using a CD-R and what games to use DVD-R, i have both on my computer so i should be cool. Can anyone help me out or send me to a thread that i probabally missed. Thanks

2. HelloWrld

HelloWrld Member

There are a few ways to do this, but the easiest is just go to http://www.swapmagicfix.com/ . This page is made for people who use the swap magic discs, but it will work for you. The homepage has a huge list of games, just about everything you could possibly have, and next to it you'll see it's format in parenthesis. obviously use CD-R's for CD, DVD+-Rs for DVD, and if it says "DVD-9" in red, you need one of those new fangled contraptions known as the dual layer burner, which I don't recommend because of how new they are. Wait til they fix any bugs that arise. You can't copy DVD-9's because those are 9.4 GB discs, where as the DVD-R's you buy for a normal burner are only 4.7, you need that second 4.7GB layer to copy games like that...and no, you can't just split the file and copy it to two discs (which I have been asked oddly enough). Lemme know if this helps.

-EMAN

3. BryanT

BryanT Member

hey thanks alot for your helping me out, much appriciated!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2004