1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

little help please

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by cabmanuk, Jan 8, 2007.

1. cabmanuk

cabmanuk Member

Hi i just got my SH-D162C DVD ROM DRIVE RUNNING KREON FIRMWARE V0.81 and would like to know if that should run as the master and my pioneer 111d should be the slave drive.Also my hard drive is sata so should i run the the drives mentioned above in ide 1 slot or ide 2 slot? Or run them in separate ide slots.

2. modster

modster Regular member

use Samsung as slave and pioneer as master or vise versa not much of a difference. Just don't run any other applications while read or buring your backup.

cheers

3. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

if your talking about primary ide and secondary ide, then if your hdd is on sata, then i would just connect it to the primary ide bus on your mobo and i always use my burner as a slave because i only use it for burning usage, and my reader(sammy sh-162c) just for reading.

4. cabmanuk

cabmanuk Member

Thanks lads for your replies, Thats what i thought i would have to do just needed it confirmed as this will be my first back up,i am going to follow the guide with xbox creator and image burn which is a sticky here is that the easiest way to back up my originals?

5. emachine

emachine Guest

Get xbox backup creator and just read and then burn with it. Thats what I do with my samy and d111.

6. cabmanuk

cabmanuk Member

Thanks emachine and does that always work mate with no probs, as i am new to backing up my xbox 360 games,only ever used dvd decrypter with my ps2 games and it seems that 360 games are a bit more complicated to backup from what i have read.

7. modster

modster Regular member

some games will not work with xbox backup creator; if this is the case then use schrom.

I recommend using schrom first, it's the easiest.

If you have problem reading the xbox 360 disc, then you can use xbox backup creator and unlock the drive.

cheers

8. emachine

emachine Guest

Make sure you use verbs. And I burn at 2.4x and haven't had one coaster.

9. cabmanuk

cabmanuk Member

Hi is it poss to use schrom with image burn and if so is there a guide on it as i dont have clone cd.

10. emachine

emachine Guest

WHy not use xbox backup creator?

11. cabmanuk

cabmanuk Member

Hi mate i am going to, just asking as there seems to be different software what people use, going to backup PGR soon fingers crossed.Thanks for all your help i needed it cheers mate.

12. emachine

emachine Guest

You have the latest version right?

Tell me how it goes please.

13. cabmanuk

cabmanuk Member

Hi mate backed it up today no probs, but dont get my xbox 360 back until tomorrow its been flashed for me, Thanks again.

14. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

hey, emachine, ive been trying all day now to try and get madden 07, gears of war, and ncaa 07 to bkacup with either schrom or xbc and i cant get it to work. I unlocked the drive in xbc but then i have to clikc current partition to read or it fails at 3%. Can you give me a rundown of what you do please with schrom or xbc? I noticed in schrom when i select my drive in options and close it and check bcak, my drive is not selected anymore and therefore it doesnt work. So can you help me at all? Thanks, id appreciate it!

15. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

in schtrom i don;t think it matters if your drive is preselected, if your dvd rom is installed correctly, then you just load up schtrom and select your drive from the drop down arrow or whatever the select the directory where you want to store the image, and make sure you have "whole disc (stealth extreme 3.0" selected and it shoud make the image no problem. i haven't heard of one person having no luck with this drive flashed with kreon 0.81

16. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

ok, well i figured out my problem. I actually must of flashed my pc drive incorrectly cause when i would try to read discs before, it would load to the ss.bin file and then error. i reflashed the regular file back to the pc drive and then tried the kreon again and it works now. thanks for the help though

17. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

hey no problem, we are here to help here on afterdawn.