1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little help - Virtual Dub errors

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by enigma333, Apr 24, 2003.

1. enigma333

enigma333 Member

Hey guys whats up. Thanks to all of you who helped me last time w/ the encoding bypass on nero.

I'm kind of new at this but I have another question. I recently downloaded a movie and encoded it using TMPG, no problems there. But when I try and use virtual dub to split the movie into 2 files I encounter some trouble. First of all when I open the video file that I want, into Virtual Dub I get a "Parsing interleaved MPEG file" and I have to wait a few minutes. Is this normal, because it never did that to me before. But my main problem is when I try and split the file into two parts, when I go to save a part I get the error msg "The source stream uses a compression algorith which is not compatible with AVI files. Direct stream copy cannot be used with this video stream." What the hell am I supposed to do?????

Thanks for all the help, and sorry for the lengthy post.

2. enigma333

enigma333 Member

anybody got any solutions???
    Please????

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Use TMPGEnc to splite mpg files. Click file - mpeg tools and click the merge and cut tab! then add in the file click edit and you should be able to figure it all out from there!

4. enigma333

enigma333 Member

thanks for the help

does this try and reencode the file? sorry i'm currently at school w/ no access to my home computer, so i can't try it.

Thanks for your help!

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Actually it would only take a few minutes for each cut!