1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live Free or Die Hard (2007) - I only want 1 of the 2 main movies + the main menu

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by dablur, Nov 28, 2007.

1. dablur

dablur Member

hmm How could I just get Just 1 of the 2 main movies + the main menu only because its a Multi-story DVD the unrated and rated. and wont let me only select just 1 of them in DVD Shrink and Ripit4me. I could do a custom DVD and rip just the Unrated & another one of Just the title but isnt there an easier way?

THANKS

--
    DVD Shrink should make a new version where you can make the Main movie custom to edit and so you can cut off the credits but still leave the main menu on, if they ever do make a new version due to (c) laws..

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  2. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

Dream on. DVD Shrink was last worked on several years ago! I doubt there's any way to edit the movie (cut the credits) and keep the menus anyway. Using Shrink, the 'best' way may be to rip the whole movie then use the re-author mode to choose the version and trim the credits off. You'll still have chapters but no menu.

3. dablur

dablur Member

I actually just want 1 chapter and menu. Not 2 chapters and no menu

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  4. harold300

harold300 Guest

Use sony vegas u can do what ever u want in vegas. Just download the free download and then go from there. May i ask why u only want one chapter??

5. dablur

dablur Member

i got Sony Vegas.. i dont wanna chop of the credits on this one though i was just saying Dvd shrink should allow re-autho/custom capabilties on full movies.. Or are you suggesting I put the other vob i dont want in vegas and make it like 1 second?

i want just the 2nd 'chapter' .. well i guess its not a chapter its Title 2....plus the main menus, because its too big with both to fit on dvd-r with both and title1 is rated and title2 is Unrated\
    guess i got confused sorry.. and it wont let me rip just title2+menu with ripit4me either..

Can i just rip full movie with Ripit4me and then use a VOB blanker or somthing i never used a vob blanker before

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  6. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

hey guys
    one answer and one question
    answer:
    u can use dvdfab decrypt platinum and choose customize
    it will show u what to select and just on top of it preserve menu

its cool now a days iam using the movies of minelike ratatoulle
    shrink 3 came onto single layer dvd with menu

question:
    is there any way that i can backup two movies with menu's on to same disc
    in other words:
    i have movies with menu under 4.7GB and i wanna put those onto my dd discs as 2in1 movies!!!!!!

7. dablur

dablur Member

i got dvdfab platinum, but i never use it
    i usually only use it to try to rip dvds that are all scratched cause somehow it works the best. forgot you can do customize with that im gonna try it thanks

8. NytBurnr

NytBurnr Regular member

@dablur

I used RitIt4Me. Shrink showed both Title 1 and Title 2. The unrated version is Title 2. If you want the menu, though, you can't re-author.

You can import the entire file to DVD Remake (Free). Remove all the extras and warnings. Convert the Menu to "Still". Deactivate the "Theatrical Version" Button. Then what I used was Clone. It shows both versions when you open the file. Check the 2nd title, if you want the unrated version. Be sure to click the "Preserve Menu" button. Insert a blank disc and hit start.

Or, you can copy the whole think with DVD Rebuilder (Free), but that takes a long time because the compression was at 56%+- on that movie.