1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LIVE GAMES WONT WORK WITH XENIUM ICE, HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by BenD188, Aug 31, 2004.

1. BenD188

BenD188 Member

I have the xenium ice installed with evox dash and m8 bios. Whenever i try to play a xbox live game, the screen will go black and switch to the same screen. Like on Rainbow Six 3: Black arrow it says press start and when i hit it it loads then goes right back to that screen. I loaded the Retal Kernal and it still doesnt work. Same thing happened with ESPN football. I tried with nonlive games and it works. WHATS WRONG?? Also i cannot click on the xbox live tab without it freezing. HELP!!

2. SgtBlue

SgtBlue Member

Are you booting up with the modchip disabled?
    If you are not, WHAT A DUMBASS! You cant play xbox live games using a bios different from the M$ bios originally on the xbox. If you tried, you most likely have been banned by your HD's EEPROM.

3. rmurrar

rmurrar Member

[bold]How to get unbanned from Xbox Live[/bold]
    So, you made a mistake. You selected a Live tab with the modchip on and now you are banned. Well, you can get unbanned. Xbox Live just bans your Xbox's HD key. Not your gamer account.

To get unbanned, you MUST obtain an unbanned EEPROM. These are not posted at the usual places, you must get it from a friend who has a modded Xbox and doesn't plan to go on Xbox Live. To update your Xbox's EEPROM with a unbanned EEPROM, download Configmagic and use that program. The program is easy to use and it is all menu driven.

4. ookamikai

ookamikai Member

[bold]IF YOU ARE USING XENIUM ICE - FEAR NOT[/bold]

if you are using xenuim ice then you have nothing to fear. if you solder, or went solderless. the OS is the best thing that will save you.. make sure your drive is locked..do not get a bigger HDD xbox live checks for those and will bann you ASAP..

if you wanna use Xbox live..and have the Bios Flashed. and installed Evo X (must have program..sweet stuff)
    here what you do listen and listen well. lol

1) Check to see if hard drive is locked.
    2) use the hard drive your xbox started in.
    3) Go to Launch Programs
    4) Add a new Item
    5) Use TSOP
    6) make sure its the kernelRetail..thats your orignal
    bios..
    7) when it starts it should have "Microsoft" at the bottom not "XCECUTOR2" when you do see microsoft and you are in the original dashboard.. try to connect to xbox live. you will notice that xbox will say "cannot connect to servers, please try again later" or "Connection not Responding"

something like that..anyways..go to the Troubleshooting option.. and you will see that the red light is under IP
    just go into the options and Switch that "Manual" to "Automatic"

cause when you install the chip. and it is set to configure your ip address..xbox live was then set to manual..making you unable to connect.. just switch that manual to automatic in the troubleshooting options and you should have XBL with no problem at all..

just make sure that you always load "KernelRetail" when you start the Xbox..I Hope i was Helpful..thanks for reading

5. c0oLnEsS

c0oLnEsS Member

Hey do i have to do that or is that just wat he did cause he messed up?

6. revefel

revefel Member

Try deleting the files in e:\cache

This won't let you play games on Live with your chip on of course, but there's a bug in the HD upgrade tool in some version of the Xenium OS that causes Live-enabled games to freeze when loading (whether you're on Live or not). Deleting those files should take care of it.

7. BenD188

BenD188 Member

THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!...thats the problem!

8. revefel

revefel Member

Glad I could help.

mike

9. Haze1920

Haze1920 Member

Your rock dude! I had the same stuff M8 EVOX DASH and it wouldnt work...got on the internet Oct 30...spent 2 mins found your reply...done..do you know how long ive been trying to figure that out? You fuckin rock dude.Thanks
    -Hayes