1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live hosting problems

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mrlip, Jul 14, 2007.

1. mrlip

mrlip Regular member

Hi, a mate of mine seems unable to host games. His NAT is open and the connection test is fine. If he creates a 10 player game of Rainbow Six, the game starts fine and people join normally. However, about 3 or 4 minutes into the game, my mate (hosting) will get disconnected from xbox live. It then wont let him back online for about 5 minutes.

If he runs the connection test once he has been DC'd, it will fail at Xbox Live saying its unable to connect. Then about 5 minutes later all is well.At first I thought it was his modem crashing under heavy loads because the DPX 100 is well known for doing that, but the connection is via his router. Also, once he gets DC'd. he can still use his internet as normal, it just wont let him back on live for 5 mins or so. Some details

Its a wired connection via a router to a cable modem. Modem is Webstar DPX100 (same as mine and I have no trouble hosting)

Router/firewall is Netgear FVL328 but my mate has said that his xbox doesnt go through this anymore

And he has a Netgear FS526t switching port set up.His xbox goes through this I think

2. mrlip

mrlip Regular member

Bump, anyone?

3. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

Maybe the provider has some sort of cap on his line keeping him from using an excess amount of speed and what not, what kind of connection does he have, and i don't mean Cable/DSL i mean Upspeed/Downspeed if there's a monthly limit on the account for traffic, etc.

also, try skipping the router(even his switching port or whatever) and going direct to the cable modem, to find out if the problem still occurs.

another thing, does this happen if say he creates an 8 player game?

4. mrlip

mrlip Regular member

Cheers for the reply. Its the exact same ISP as mine, same setup and everything. (Blueyonder Broadband). Theres no limit on anything.He could try plugging it in directly to the modem, just to see if its works. Its weird how it dc's him, wont let him back on for 5 minutes, then works fine. Without a reset of the modem/router on anything.