1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loaded MS to set clock and Xenium won't boot

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by DjRaise, Oct 15, 2004.

1. DjRaise

DjRaise Regular member

My old Xbox took a crap, so I picked up a new one... of course it is a 1.6, so I had to make the necessary LPC connections to install my Xenium Ice. (probably should have turned it on and set the clock before I modded it)

Anywhooo, I got the install done and added the LED/switch deal. I booted up and the default Xenium Dashboard came up like it should. I got in a hurry and unlocked the HD before I even hooked up the new one. DOH! So I went to the proper menus to load the MS Dashboard and set the clock. It started to load and then gave me the FRAG lights with the stupid MS error screen.

I tried to load the Xenium back up and it defaults to the MS dashboard that FRAGs. So... can I maybe find a way to flash my mod or something? I tried the different switch settings and no go. I just keep getting the error screen. If I could find a way to get the Xenium Ice to boot back up, I am sure I won't have a problem getting it fixed.

I checked all the connections and there were no problems. All of my joints look better than most tutorials, and the wires are in great shape. No problem with the D0. So... is there a way to boot off of a disc or some crap like that, so I can reset the chip or something?

I will probablly hit a pawn shop and get an older used one, but I want to make sure the chip itself is still good. DOH!

2. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

It may sound stupid, but you might have "Instant Boot" for Xenium set to Retail bios. To bypass Instant Boot and go to Xenium OS, hit the Eject button to turn the Xbox on.

3. DjRaise

DjRaise Regular member

K. Here is the prob. The Xenium won't boot.

I got fed up and picked up a v 1.4 Xbox from a pawn shop. I guessed on the manufacturing date and got it right. I used the no solder tool, so as to bypass any user mistakes. (Yes, it does have continuity from the one lpc port and the ground ring unlike 1.5)

I followed the iceguide exactly and when I go to fire this one up, it at least loads the MS Bios, but no matter what position I have the toggle switch in, it chooses the MS bios.

I DID verify the right DO port (like 20 times). When I power up, the Xenium Ice light runs red like it should, but then it goes orange and yellow and then green and then off or something like that.

Do I have to run a ground wire from the DO harness, like in the 1.6 install? (the black wire on the two pin harness). I am going nucking futs!

I would say that it is the chip, but isn't that pretty unlikely? Is there a flaw in the iceguide? I am missing a piece of the puzzle, I guess.

Chris

4. DjRaise

DjRaise Regular member

Just re-read the message. How do I get into the Xenium retail bios thingie? do I use a CDR? I think you are right on this new 1.4. That would explain why it fires up red and then cuts out and loads the MS Bios. hmmm.

Please help a noob. (Thank goodness PS2 was sooooo much easier)