1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loading freezzes

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by larrylje, Apr 22, 2005.

1. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Was looking for help or sugestions on a problem im having.

I have 2 games "Burnout 3" and "Unreal Chanpioship 2"

I have my Xbox softmoded. I have UnleashX and Evox dashboards Installed.

The problem im having is both of these games will lock up on me when I try to play them. Both "Orignal coppies" "backup coppies"

I can transfer the files fine to the hard drive. dvd2Xbox says it coppies all files.

I even went and rented a copy of "Unreal Chanpioship 2" thought maybe it could be my coppies of the games. But even then rented 1 locked up during loading.

I have had no problems with others iv backup to my hard drive. Just these 2 disc and it seemed to do 1 after the other. I tried playing "Burnout 3" first and it locked up. Then I tried "Unreal Chanpioship 2" after that and that locked during loading as well. But I can load other games and use orignal discs. Its just doing it on them 2 games.

Any sugestions?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I fixed the problem. I did a HDD swap and read in another forum that after doing a swap clean the E:/CACHE file out and it will fix the problem.

I did just that and it worked.

Hope this will help others if they have same problem.

3. 1097420

1097420 Member

My x-box it doing the same thing, not with those games but with different ones, so I guessing it the harddrive.
    What do you mean by cleanning the E:/CACHE file out, do you mean deleting it? Where was the other forum that you read it at.

4. c4iscool

c4iscool Member

that site would help me out a lot. i having the same problem.

5. mdsup

mdsup Guest

to clear the cache folder simply ftp into your xbox and delete the files that are in the cache folder...or you can use a filemanager to do the same thing.

6. c4iscool

c4iscool Member

thanks

7. Ender03

Ender03 Member

OK, I had the same problem with Burnout 3 freezing on the "Load" screen. I tried using the original xbox dashboard to clear the Burnout 3 cache with no success. I then used the file manager in Avalaunch to clear the cache and the game works great now with no loss of saved games.