1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loading games straight from a usb stick

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by bmcd, Jan 14, 2007.

1. bmcd

bmcd Member

I was wondering if there was any way to load PS2 games straight from a USB stick. For example is there a program like HDadvance or USBeXtreme that can load from a usb stick instead of usb Hard Drives?

Thanks
    -BMcD

2. Xplaya

Xplaya Guest

I would assume you could use a usb stick just like a usb hardrive and use the software usbextreme/advance to load games off it.
    But I dont have a big enough usbstick to try it.
    Also the compatibility sucks with extreme anyways

3. bmcd

bmcd Member

I've kinda tried that.

To do this I put an HDadvance .ELF (named SWAPMAGIC.ELF) in a SWAPMAGIC folder of my USB stick and loaded it with Swap Magic 3.8. I also put files created by USBeXtreme in the root directory of my USB stick. When HDadvance loaded it found my game, but when i tried to load it nothing happened. It just went to a black screen and stopped working.

Is this because HDadvance cannot be used with my 8Gb USB Stick or because i cannot load HDadvance from the same drive as the game i'm trying to load? Also, if it is the latter, how can I get the HDadvance .ELF onto a memory card without using a usb memcard reader?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  4. Xplaya

Xplaya Guest

My guess is that that game is not compatible with usbextreme/advance. What game did u try? Do you know if it normally works with a usb hdd.

The compatible rate of games working with usbextreme is like 5-10%.
    You might have to look up for a compatible list somewhere.

5. bmcd

bmcd Member

I tried Marvel Ultimate Alliance because the game disc I have keeps freezing! Do you know of a good compatibility list?

Thanks!
    -Brian

6. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

Moving to Langjökull in Iceland - so all the info I posted is moving with me!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007