1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loading HDLoaded with Max Drive...

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by bgarrett, Dec 27, 2004.

1. bgarrett

bgarrett Member

So, I've been trying to get this to work for the better part of today. Looked through numberous walkthroughs and every thread that I could find on the matter on this board. And still, I haven't been able to get it to work.

I'm using the regular Datel Max Drive (not the AR Max version) and the accompanying Max Memory software. I've used the exploits listed on both zxspeky's site and Exploitstation, but none has worked properly. I put the .max file on my MD, uncrush it to my memory card. Then, turn off my PS2, and reboot it with my PSX game in the drive. All I keep getting is the game loading, with no sign of the exploit taking into effect.

I've tried creating my own title.db file (I'm using NCAA Football 2001, SLUS-01219) since I haven't found it listed in any of the file lists I've come across. One problem that I have seen is that a lot (re: all) of the files I've been attempting to use are BEDATA (which I have tried changing to BADATA in PS2SaveBuilder, but to no avail).

Any ideas as to why every time I try to get this to work my PSX game keeps booting up instead of the exploit taking over? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. bgarrett

bgarrett Member

Well, minor bit of progress since my first post.

After using this (http://www.exploitstation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=406) exploit file from the Exploitstation forums -- with the edited title.db file to reflect my game -- I've gotten as far as a black screen where the PSX game usually loaded.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004
  3. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

Hey bgarret, I got a MC Exploit to work perfectly. Did you get the "everything you need" filepack from Exploitstation? I used CDVD.IRX file and the made my own icons, but you could use the ones supplied.

I did one with the PS2menu as the boot.elf, but later made a new one with launchElf as my boot threw in cogswap,HdAdvance2.0,Cdloader, and a couple others and works perfectly.
    The only problem I encountered was using pre-made TITLE.DB's. I just used Titlemanfrontend and made my own with a couple of Ps1 discs I had around.
    Are you formating the MC before you uncrush the exploit? I'm still new to this but I beleive it erases the System Config Data, which is replaced by the Exploit. All I know is I formatted mine first on 2 diff mem cards and got em both to work.

I hope this can help you out at least a little, I searched for a LONG time before this stuff finally started making sense to me. There's alot of ways to make these. If you still can't get it to work come back and worst case I'll send you one of my .max files so you can see if that works.

4. bgarrett

bgarrett Member

Thanks for the reply. I took my question over to Exploitstation (http://www.exploitstation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=840) and it looks like we were able to determine the problem being with my PSX trigger disc as opposed to the actual exploit itself. I'll try and keep my progress updated here, as well as at Exploitstation, as soon as I can get another PSX game to use.

5. Ag3ntNe0

Ag3ntNe0 Guest

Don't fool around with max drive like I did. Just look at my signature.

6. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

how did it corrupt your memory cards?
    Ive never used the "max drive" but Ive been using my digicam and pendrive with ARMAX since day one and Ive never had corrupted cards or anything like that.

7. bgarrett

bgarrett Member

Eh, I've been there, done that. Not really a concern.

8. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

Youve corrupted your memory card using a maxdrive?

losing all your PS2 saves is no big deal to you??

9. bgarrett

bgarrett Member

Yeah, when I was uncrushing some Madden rosters. I accidentally tried to overwrite a file that already existed, and bye-bye everything went. I re-formatted the card, and got on with my life.

That's why I backup all my saves. People seem to forget that the MD works both ways. Plus, it's not like my life is going to be completely ruined if I lose a couple game saves, there's more important things in life, you know.

10. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

yea I know, but some people would go nuts if they lost ALL their ps2 saves.
    All my saves are also backed up on my pc so it doesnt really bother me.
    All im saying is this problem is due to the "max drive".
    Any other usb pendrive wont give you this problem.

11. Ag3ntNe0

Ag3ntNe0 Guest

Yeah I didnt go crazy either when I lost all my saves. But I did just beat snake eater for the 4th time and had gotten everything lol. I do think this probably is only associated with the Max Drive. Many people have had this happen to them using it.

12. jrl0314

jrl0314 Member

Hey guys im tryin to get some roster files that i downloaded to my games. Ive been researchin the best ways to do it. I like the idea of the max drive but seems like alot of people have been having troubles with it. I have a SanDisk cruzer mini 512MB drive, is there a way i could use that? The other thing i had in mind was the sharkport or xport systems. What would you guys say is the best way to go with it?

13. bgarrett

bgarrett Member

I don't think the Max Drive is that much of a problem, but you just have to make sure to periodically backup your stuff if you are going to be loading roster files and the like a lot. Personally, I haven't tried using a USB drive other than the MD, despite having a couple of them lying around. Maybe I'll give it a go, if the problems are in fact contained with the actual MD.

by the way, if you want to see just how the Max Drive works, I did a walkthrough over at Operation Sports (http://forums.operationsports.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=105944). I believe you'll have to register if you want to view it though. If you do, check out my second post (RattDaddee) in the thread, since it's the most recent walkthrough.

14. jrl0314

jrl0314 Member

Thanks so much bgarrett! Im thinking more about getting a maxdrive now.

15. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

jrl0314, you have a sandisk pendrive so you dont need a max drive. Im using a sandisk cruzer aswell. what you need is Action Replay MAX to use it.

16. jrl0314

jrl0314 Member

jonjakjam, could you please explain how to use the sandisk pen drive with action replay max. I know you can download with action replay to your ps2 but i dont have a network card for my ps2. I didnt know you could use AR max with any kind of pen drive, i figured youd have to use there max drive. I actually have a MAX 32MB memory card that came with a mini disk that you have to load each time you use it(which can get annoying). I tried sticking my pen drive in the ps2 and loaded the MAX mini disk that came with the memory card just to see if it would show up under the devices, but no luck. Is there any drivers that have to be installed on the pen drive, or does AR MAX have the software that is needed.
    Thanks for all the help guys.

17. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

you dont need to install drivers or anything.
    [bold]new info[/bold]: one of my mates told me today that he also couldnt get his 512MB pendrive to work with armax, the ps2 wouldnt reconise it? maybe armax cant handle 512MB or somthing?
    you might wanna get a 128 since I know 128MB drives work great with ARMAX.
    or you could just get ARMAX with a maxdrive.
    http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=294

18. jrl0314

jrl0314 Member

Thanks jonjakjam, I had a feeling that Max wouldnt recognize a drive that big. I think ill just get the EVO edition. I found a couple on ebay i might try and get.

19. bgarrett

bgarrett Member

Rather late follow-up here, but I just wanted to point out that my problem was indeed with my trigger disc. I went back to my parents house yesterday and picked up a couple PSX games, and upon altering my Title.DB file, the exploit worked like a charm. :)