1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loading new game from disc- will it ask for update each time game is played

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by boerner, Sep 5, 2011.

1. boerner

boerner Member

I have a softmodded wii and HDD with some games on it. It was modded over a year ago and is working fine. I would like to purchase Lego Pirates of the Caribbean and some other newer realeases for my son but I am wondering if, because it is a newer game, it will want my wii to update which I have learned is a big NO NO. Can I backup the game to the HDD with USB loader GX and not have it request a wii update when my son goes to that game from the HDD. He is only six and tends to say "yes" to any computer prompt. I do not want to risk bricking my wii so it that is a possibility I will probably buy a second wii and not softmod it.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  2. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

Load the game on to the hard drive with GX and it will remove the update partition, it will not ask for it when it is played as the game then runs from a cios not a wii ios. Some newer releases will need a cios with base 56, if it loads to black screen look vis google for Modmii and run it on your PC, it will download everything you need to update your softmod.

3. boerner

boerner Member

Thanks for the help.