1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loading .Rar Games

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by viper8437, Dec 1, 2004.

1. B0cephus

B0cephus Member

I have a v551 and I'm having alot of trouble getting the PST Phone Manager to work. When I get to the step where I'm supposed to go to Phone> Read, all I get is "Phone not connected. Please connect and power up the phone." I then exit the program, and un-plug the USB from the PC, and start over again. I've tried dozens of times, and it's always the same.

I went into the COM settings for the program, and noticed that if you switch it to manual, the only selectable COM ports are 1,2, & 3. I wonder if this means that those are the only COM ports that the program can use. If that is the case, then I suppose that is my problem... if I go into my Device Manager, and look at the properties of the Motorola USB Modem listed there, it is listed as COM 6.

Does anyone know if this is my problem? If so, is there a way to change the COM port for my MOTOROLA USB MODEM?

My cable is fine, because mobile phone tools works perfectly, although that is the only other program I've tried.

I'm useing Windows XP Pro BTW.

Thanks for any help!

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

BimXom

there is the midway guide on the stickie threads......

B0cephus

try to put it on COM 3... and it should work.....

3. B0cephus

B0cephus Member

I changed the COM setting to manual, and COM 3, and that didn't work. Any other ideas?

Also, I don't know if this is relevant, but sometimes when I hook up my phone, my PC finds multiple pieces of new hardware. It detects, and installs a Motorola USB Modem fine, but it also finds a Motorola Test something and a few other things... I tried searching for the drivers for thse other things with no result, so now I just hit cancle when it comes up... and it only comes up once in a while.

I'm clueless.

4. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

B0cephus

u have to install the others and u can find the drivers on the P2K, just download the drivers at the top of the forum.....

5. B0cephus

B0cephus Member

Wow! Well, I made progress... After hooking up those other drivers, and manualy changing the COM port, now it just keep saying "please power cycle phone and try operation again." So I do, and it just says it again. At least it's a differant message. Thanks for all your help mossyy, any other suggestions?

6. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

when does that says?? when u r opening MPT or P2K or what exactly???

7. B0cephus

B0cephus Member

Oh, sorry, should have been more clear. It says that when I try to go to Phone>Read in PST.

8. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

what version of PST do u have???

9. B0cephus

B0cephus Member

7.1.1_General

Is there no other programs I can use to do this? I only want one or two decent games.

Thanks.

10. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

try to use a lower version,, it might work with ur fone!!!

11. Andmor

Andmor Member

Mossy, i've been following that guy's progress with the V551 and I seem to be lost right off the bat. I don't seem to have the PST folder that you are refering to, I do have the MIDway software and have tried to set it to com 3 and it won't work, it just says timmer expired.

Please help

//i'm a newbie dumbass at this.

12. B0cephus

B0cephus Member

Has anyone got this to work with a v551? If so, what version of PST did you use, and are there any special patches I need to aply? I've uninstalled and reinstalled every version of PST I can find, and am haveing no luck at all.

Thanks

13. B0cephus

B0cephus Member

Has anyone got this to work with a v551? If so, what version of PST did you use, and are there any special patches I need to aply? I've uninstalled and reinstalled every version of PST I can find, and am haveing no luck at all.

Thanks

14. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

PST is a software not a folder!!!

15. Andmor

Andmor Member

Then what is PST, i've downloaded so many progs from reading these and other forums but I don't have a prog called PST.

On a side, note, is there a way i can view the video's taken with my phone on my pc?

/Still utterly frustrated

16. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

read the stickie thread of the midway and u will find out how and what is the PST???

17. Andmor

Andmor Member

Sorry dude, i've been out of the forum loop for way to long, what is and where can i find this "sticky thread". I know, go and laugh, then tell me.

18. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

i wont laugh... its at the top of the forum with a dark font...

19. Nytroduq

Nytroduq Member

Just as another poster was asking earlier, anyone have any idea or hint on what I should do to get my softkeys to work on my v551? It's not on all apps, just a few but seems to be the better apps :( Thanks in advance ;)

20. JillAnn

JillAnn Member

I followed your instructions and it didn't work. I keep getting the "phone not connected, please connect and power". So I went back to step 1 and repeated that atleast 12 times. No such luck. I have a V555 phone. I can use the mobile phone tools for pictures, screensavers and audio but not he PST. Any ideas???