1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loading time Halo 2 backup

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by kafou, Nov 15, 2004.

1. kafou

kafou Member

Hi,

I read a lot to find my problem but I don't find an answer. I have a v1.0 Xbox with X2 lite and 4974 bios and a thompson DVD drive. I made a backup of Halo 2 with craxion and burn it with alcohol 120%. I can play with my backup and it seem to work well except for when I turn on my Xbox and load the game. It takes a lots of time to load the game and sometimes a have a DDE. After I have loaded the game it work well and if I restart the game it will load very fast. Do you have any idea what is my trouble.

Thanks
    Kafou

2. nastynath

nastynath Guest

Yess had similar!

The very first time I installed/ played HALO 2 it took a while to load with the shadow that passes the HALO 2 heading.

I hot the red button- B (I think?) and it exits the game. Then hit start again and it loaded faster.

Now every time I load the game to play it fly's with loading and I am ready to play!

And sorry- I have never had the 'Dirty Disc Error'

3. kafou

kafou Member

It's exactly my bug, except that If I turn off my Xbox or load another game, I will have the same slow loading the next time I will play Halo 2. I can live with this because I can play normally after that long loading but I want to know why I have this problem.

Thanks
    Kafou

4. nastynath

nastynath Guest

I don't Know?

Like I said, I had it the first time I loaded the game, but never (have I noticed) had it again!

L8r...

Think this way- how long does it take to make $90 to buy the game? Is it shorter in time that it takes to load?

lol..

5. the_real_

the_real_ Member

it did that for me even with the retail version. i think its because its the first time loading the game.