1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loads of default monitors.................

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by baabaa, Oct 10, 2004.

1. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

baabaa, I have an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro vid card. I have a Sony SDM-M81 LCD flat panel monitor installed, and it is connected to the vid card via dvi cable. The monitor and vid card also have analog connections.

I had XP install the inf file for the Sony, when I installed the monitor. I, like you, have 2 monitors showing in the display properties. I believe it is because of the ability to connect 2 monitors to the video card. I am not sure, though, but it makes sense. I think that you can pick either monitor, in the display properties, and change the settings for them, if you have 2 monitors connected.

BTW, if I go to Device Manager, I also have 2 listings for my Radeon vid card.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Bruce Wallace
    Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

3.06 Ghz Intel P4 CPU
    Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Motherboard
    1Gig Corsair 3200 LLPro DDR Ram
    Plextor PX 708A DVD Burner
    Sony CRX320E DVD 16x + CD-RW 52x24x52 Combo
    ATI Radeon 9700 Pro Video Card
    Audigy2 Platinum[/small]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2004
  2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Nice to see yer back Praetor.

I am eagerly awaiting a BOOM!!!!

Hopefully not this thread though...LOL

@GrandpaBW

Yes I am coming to this conclusion aswell, because I have just tried a couple of single Graphics cards in the same PC, and everything sits good.
    Which kind of narrows it down to the graphics card/software/windows.
    I think windows is seeing the extras and installing (but not running) the extra drivers for the capability of the graphics card.

Which inherently means it is a nvidia software problem, as I cannot find anything within the software to stipulate that just the analog is connected and I do not want to dual/clone/span etc.
    Even though there is minor settings there, but they do not have any effect...............