1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Local area connection error

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by 0ni-, Jan 8, 2007.

1. 0ni-

0ni- Regular member

i get the error message "a network cable is unplugged" under local area network after i rebooted the computer. at first i just thought it was a minor connectivity problem however i switch the cables with different usb drives and i still get the same message for my network adapter. the adapter itself seems to work fine and it was working fine before the reboot and i just couldn't figure out how to get around it. if anyone had encounter similar problem or knows the solution to my problem please help me!

2. ashwin18

ashwin18 Regular member

I've had that problem once, and it turned out to be the ehternet card. I didn't bother getting it repaired, instead I simply replaced it and everything was working fine.

I think that it happens when an electrical surge of some kind (like a stroke of lightning) enters the card and er..fries up the circuitory. But I could be wrong, as that's only what I've heard from somebody.

3. 0ni-

0ni- Regular member

i think the problem may be related to my usb ports and the driver, since the wireless network adapter is connecting through an usb cable. and somehow the driver is lost or corrupted when i rebooted the system. however the usb port seems to work when i insert other hardware in the port..so the solution may lie in simply buying a new wireless network adapter