1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lock psp update?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by okthen12, Jun 21, 2007.

1. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

Hi im going on holiday and im gonna bring my psp. My cousins r coming too so i was wondering if there was a app that locks/disables the psp system update on the psp XMB. I dont want to leave him with it and return to find my psp a version 3.50. Thanks in advance.

2. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

Any help please :S

3. Nblufire2

Nblufire2 Member

yea man
    same
    i wanna put a password on my psp on startup

4. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

download Flash Agent off QJ.net. theres a dealy in the recovery mode section (not the psp recovery, start the app from the game icon) that says disable network update. along with that, hide the memory stick so they cant download the update and run it, and make sure u dont have a 3.50 update on a umd, and ur good.

5. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

Could this brick/semi-brick my psp in anyway. I have custom firmware so even if its a full brick can i still recover it?
    Thanks, just anxious :S

6. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

if u only use the disable network update, nothing bad will happen. even if u did brick it, u could recover.

7. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

depends if its semi or full

8. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

Ok i dont use that flash agent thing. Is there any way to disable it manually, going into Toggle Flash0...then what.

9. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

no i think u have to use it

10. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

ok, but can i do that on flash agent...then delete flash agent off my memory card, and update will still be disabled?

11. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

yer i think so