1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Locked out of Asus Laptop

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Wyattspop, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Hey Guys,
    I'm locked out of an Asus T100 laptop (Win 8) and I don't want to lose valuable pics. I've downloaded several "PC Unlocker" proggies, but when I move them over to the laptop via USB (the T100 has no disc drive) it will not launch them. Yes, I changed the boot order to make USB first, but it still launches the desktop login screen, not the USB. Anyone have experience with this?
    Thanks much

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is the laptop still under warranty because if not then take the drive out of the laptop usually in bottom of laptop & connect to you sata power & data cables in your desktop but not the desktop c: drive as you need that? can also use an external laptop drive enclosure to connect the win8 hard drive to your desktop to save your data before re-installing windows. I do that all the time when a customer's computer won't boot to save their data.

3. richietea

richietea Regular member

4. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Wow, very helpful, if you don't mind, I'd like to tell you the model I'm dealing with since it's not a traditional laptop, it's an ASUS Transformer T100A, almost a glorified tablet. Does it have the appropriate connector you're alluding to? My desktop is an HP Pavillion P6803W Win 7. Do I need any special "jumpers" or are the connections inside the cases? I appreciate it, I've thrown half a dozen password cracks at it but the ASUS won't recognize the USB even when I switch the boot order in BIOS (and it's not even BIOS, it's the new UEFI) Thanks so much!

5. ddp

6. richietea

richietea Regular member

7. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Yes, that's the exact model..again, thanks..it may help for me to tell youI've tried several quality flash drives. 8 and 16 GB sandisks (empty and reset to Fat32) I changed the boot order to pick up USB first but it never does. I think it's related to the CSM but I don't have the ability to enable/disable it in EUFI (the Win 8 version of BIOS). At least the option is not visible anyway. I took photos of the BIOS settings I can upload for you to view if it helps..

8. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Do you think I'd have better luck with a password hacker on a burned disc over a USB? I have an old DVD drive I pulled from an HP Pavillion P6803W Lappie if that has value, but it won't be powered so I guess I don't.

9. richietea

richietea Regular member

Just depends if you can boot dvd.The only way /good way i can think of is dual booting through separate partitions.Then pulling off the files you need,formatting and reinstalling.Before that do a Microsoft form for password recovery.

10. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

11. richietea

richietea Regular member

Think you have to disable the secure boot option from the bios.Restart and then it should be highlighted for you to disable it.

12. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Have you tried to disable the uefi in windows 8?

http://itsfoss.com/disable-uefi-secure-boot-in-windows-8/

Once you do this you have to change launch CSM to "enabled" also change launch PXE OpROM to "enabled" in the bios. This will give you the boot options you're looking for.

As for the password, good luck with that one. I would normally use ERD Commander but there is no ERD for Windows 8. You can try to use MS DaRT, but more than likely locksmith will be unavailable.

13. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

I'm at a loss guys, I've disabled secure boot support, changed the boot order to make the USB launch first, I even disabled windows boot as option 2 so it should basically force the USB to launch..still goes to the win sign on screen.
    I should mention that under the save & exit tab of bios (well, UEFI) under "Boot Override" it still shows windows boot manager as the first, UEFI Sandisk Cruiser as second and this cannot be changed. I just want to launch the usb so I can get into my bleeping laptop with a password reset app. Thanks

14. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Hey Guys, so I was able to disable secure boot and change the usb to launch first, but I don't see the CSM to change it anywhere?

15. richietea

richietea Regular member

16. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Should look like this (screenshot from asus x501a)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. swifty74

swifty74 Member

Use hiren's boot cd it has password apps in there ... options include delete password, change password, prompt user to change password on next boot,

18. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

I would except the ASUS Transformer laptop doesn't have a CD, it's only got a USB port...this thing is a glorified tablet! I'm afraid the only way I'll get this done is with a password app proggie that can be used off a USB flash drive.

19. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Thanks for the screenshot and the help, but the main issue seems to be the ASUS Transformer has a UEFI which is different than a traditional BIOS. It seems the "Boot" tab doesn't contain the same options you have, mainly, the CSM isn't visible. Suggestions? Thank you so much for your assistance.

20. ddp

or use an external dvd drive off someone.