1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Locking up at 50%, wasted 5 disks!!! Arggg

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Legasus, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Legasus

Legasus Member

I have an HP 640c dual layer burner and always use Verbatim media for both single and dual layer applications. I have made numerous 1:1 dual layer copies using DVD Decrypter. I have ripped the whole Deja Vu image to my harddrive like usual. I then put my bland dvd+r dl in the drive and it will burn to %50 and lock up, creating a useless coaster. Like I said, I haven't had problems before like this. I backed up Night at the Museum compressed on a single layer disc with Shrink and Decrypter and it burns just fine. I am guessing the error is happening when the drive trys to burn to the second layer? Please help me with a starting point for fixing this problem!!!!!!

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I'd suggest starting with an upgrade of the DVD Decrypter software to ImgBurn. It's an upgraded version of the same software by the original author, LUK. It's proven to be better at setting the layer break.

Out of curiosity, what are you using for decryption software?

3. Legasus

Legasus Member

I am using Decrypter to decode the disc. I use ISO read to get image, then ISO write to burn. Have never had a problem until now.

4. ebega

ebega Regular member

A few quick suggestions:

1. Make sure your burner's firmware is up to date
    2. Use the latest version of Imgburn to burn (like Pac said)
    3. Use Ripit4me in iso mode, I believe DVDFab Decrypter can create and iso image as well, to rip your original DVD.
    4. I always burn the .mds file created with the iso file rather than the iso file itself, this will allow Imgburn to retain the original layer break.

5. Legasus

Legasus Member

I did upgrade my PC to XP service pack 2, since the last time that I had a successful dual layer burn. Would that have any impact?? I will try the items you suggested and see if that works.

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Click Here for the software you'll need. Read the install guide first. I'd suggest ripping in file mode and letting RI4M decrypt and process the files for compliance using the 1-Click mode. ISO hides the files from compliance processing. Once files open in DVD Shrink close and use the ripped files from the HDD, use the Video_TS files in ImgBurn in Build mode.

DVDFab Decrypter rips in file mode and then creates an ISO. That is unless they changed the program just recently. It's not a true ISO rip like you get with Decrypter.

When SP2 first came out there was a lot of problems updating to SP2. I've not heard of any problems in a long time.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  7. Legasus

Legasus Member

Thanks, I will give it a try and see what happens

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

If your system is in order and you're using good media, the RI4M will get the job done.