1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Locks up my DVD Player

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by bj34, May 24, 2003.

1. bj34

bj34 Member

I have ripped and burned 2 seperate DVDs using xpress, both copys will lock up my stand alone Toshiba SD-1800 to the point where I have to unplg it to get the disk out- No buttons work-(i.e. Power/FF/Rev/Play/Pause...)
    When the DVD is inserted the 321 copyright screen comes up but will go no further)
    This same DVD will play in my computer.
    I have burned same movies with another program (not sure if it is alowed to post program here) but it is a very popular program as well- with execellent results.

Why is DVDXCopy xpress locking up my Player?

2. MikeBUK

MikeBUK Guest

It is likely to be either the discs you are using or the stand alone player itself. Try changing the discs, preferably to better quality and also try burning at 1x only if you have not done so already. If problem persists your DVD player is extremely fussy about playing copied discs (some are unfortunately) in which case you will need to change it. It is almost certainly not Xpress.

3. bj34

bj34 Member

I have burned the same movie (8mile) on the exact same disk (Maxell DVD+RW) using Trial version of instant copy and it works fine using the same DVD Player- Which tells me it is not the disk- it is not the player (I have burned several other movies with IC- all which work fine)- but is in fact Xpress
    The question is why!
    Tech support suggested making sure I was using correct format (i.e. Widescreen vs. Full screen) Which I admit at first I was not- but did reburn and still have same results!

4. bj34

bj34 Member

also you suggets burning at 1x (where is that option in xpress?) I will try that if possible!