1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech Z21 to TV

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Brimorton116, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Brimorton116

Brimorton116 Regular member

Hello

I am trying to hook up my Logitech computer speakers to my TV, the speakers are model Z21 and the TV is Toshiba 40RV525R, i have the adapter already but i am not getting sound out of the tweeters just the sub

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Mez

Mez Active member

Have you figured it out?

The pictures were not helpful. I am assuming you are using the head phone jack on the TV. Do head phones work in that jack?

3. Brimorton116

Thank you for replaying Mez

What pictures would be helpful ? , the headphone shown above, jack is plugged into a Y splitter, RCA are going to the TV , the woofer is worker

4. Mez

Mez Active member

No picture would be helpful. Did you check to see if head phones or ear buds work OK?

I see no head phones picture. I only see a jack and speakers. I don't want to see it but it bothers me when what you say doesn't add up. If you don't know the difference between speakers and head phones maybe your problem in you are doing something wrong that is so simple I wouldn't think to ask.

Why do you use a Y splitter? Something sounds wrong. Does the TV have a phone jack or only an RCA. If so, are you using the proper jacks.

The woofer is mono so any stereo screw up will not effect the woofer. I bet you are not using the proper jacks. Are the jacks on the TV red, white and yellow?

5. Brimorton116

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

The video does not have the sub.The tv has no amp.In my estimation you cannot run all of them,there's isn't enough amperage coming from the tv.Its why i said get an amp as the sub is sucking it all just to drive that one speaker.Subs are usually a higher impedance (resistance) in the realm of 8 ohm-16 ohm.Your satellite speakers most probably 4 ohm.I'm pretty sure this is where the issue lies as your tv is 4 ohm output,the sub will sound muffled (very little volume available) even without the satellites connected
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/threads/hook-up-logitech-speakers-to-tv.766235/page-2

chances are the tv output is only 10-15 watts if that.that is pretty weak.The satellite speakers without the sub run ok yes ? then adding the sub & no sound but through the sub tells you what

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  7. Brimorton116

I cant separate the sub and satellites, so would a receiver help ?

8. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Yes in my estimation.
    Did you try asking on the logitech forum & did they suggest an amp like what was mentioned in the screenshot in previous thread.It does seem to be a power issue i.e not enough amps,tho i don't know why it worked on previous tv,unless it had a decent small in built amp of some sort

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  9. Brimorton116

It did not ask on Logitech forum but i will , i have some Engery mid range speakers but i guess it would be the same issue

10. Mez

Mez Active member

Speakers require a great deal more power than ear buds or ear phones.

You typically plug a jumper from the head phones into the aux port. The Aux port is designed to handle that level of power.

11. Brimorton116

what is a jumper

12. Mez

Mez Active member

It is a wire with connectors on each end. The connectors need to fit the aux and the RCA jumper. I still think you need another RCA jumper. They are usually one per channel. Most TVs have 3 output RCA ports. You need to one that has 2 RCA plugs on one side and a head phone jack (male) on the other which will fit the Aux port like the one shown in the video. Your picture shows the wrong jumper. I guess the pictures were useful after all.