1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOLStation help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by PSMod, Jul 6, 2007.

1. PSMod

PSMod Member

Ok I need some help. I have put a PSX game on my psp (3.4oe-a) in the 'GAME' (not 'GAME150' like some). I have tried downloading one off the internet (spyro the dragon) pre-made into 'EBOOT.PBP' and 'KEYS.BIN'. When I clicked on it in the games menu everything disappeared like it was about to load, but then it stopped and all that was there was my background. I couldn't turn off or restart the psp or push any buttons. I took the battery out and turned my psp back on. It worked fine. So I tried to connvert my own psx game (CTR) and I used many different methords (e.g. psx2psp, popstation) and it did the same thing. What is going on? Do I need to change something in the recovery menu? Please help!

2. Boib

Boib Guest

I had this same problem yesterday. Do you have a custom xmb theme? Because psx games will not play with a custom xmb.Try using PsGUI123beta to rip a eboot from your game.

3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

To expound on Boib's answer, yes it is true when using a custom xmb/menu with firmware 3.40 OE-A PSX games are rendered unplayable. But there is a simple fix. A program made a program to repair the missing/damaged PSX emulation files, it is called LOLStation. It works 100%. Theres a link below...

LOLStation (PSX game fix)

4. PSMod

PSMod Member

Yea I have black32, so do I have to remove this to play ps1 games? Also what is this 'LOLStation' thing and how does it work?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I have the black32 theme also, just use the LOLStation thing I uploaded its a homebrew application, heres a excerpt from the read-me...

6. Boib

Boib Guest

I just used lolstation because for some reason my psp has stopped playing psx games, and I believe it writes a decrypted file onto your flash. Anyone it still doesnt work for me. Do you have to have an emulator for the psp? because I remember having "psone" emulator on my psp, but once I deleted it because I was playing psx games without and I think that might be why I cant play games.

7. PSMod

PSMod Member

So how do I use this? Do I just put it in 'GAME150' and run? Or do I have to replace 'opening_plugin.rco' with original first? Have you tried this, high brick chance?

8. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I used this, and like I said I have 3.40 OE-A andam using the Black32 theme. And for bricking anything that writes to flash introduces a chance to brick but this has a very small chance to brick.

And yeah I believe you just put it in GAME150 (if that doesnt work then the GAME folder), and run it. After it has done its thing you can remove it from your memorystick.

9. Boib

Boib Guest

I have done this and if you're worried about bricking just get a backup copy of your flash0 and if it doesnt work or it bricks it just go to recovery and put your back flash0 in. and you put the lolstation and lolstation% folders in the psp/game folder. I put the opening_plugin.rco file and then ran it but my psp still does the same thing.

10. PSMod

PSMod Member

I have been searching around the net and people on QJ say that is stops access to GAME folder, whats with that? Also does this keep custom boot?

11. Boib

Boib Guest

What do you mean stops access to the game folder? Like you cant access it anymore? Mine still works fine. Its says at 3.40 oe if thats what you mean.

12. PSMod

PSMod Member

No I mean the custom background thing.

13. Boib

Boib Guest

Yes it keeps it.

14. PSMod

PSMod Member

What do you mean, where did you put it? Do you put your custom opening_plugin.rco in the folder instead of the 0pening_plugin.rco?

15. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

You can't just put the opening Opening_plugin.rco file on your memorystick is has to be written to flash. It has to be named a specific way to to once again enable PSX game support. I told you once and I'll say it again, the simplest way to enable PSX game support on your customized 3.40 OE-A PSP is to run the LOLStation homebrew app I uploaded. Until you do that you won't be getting any help from me.

16. PSMod

PSMod Member

I know that I mean the folder for 'LOLStation' it says in instructions for it this:
    1. If you have any custom boot, just go into recovery, flash0
    usb access, and replace the "opening_plugin.rco"
    What do I do for that.

17. Boib

Boib Guest

in the resource folder i think there is two opening_plugins or something that sounds similar I didnt erase anything I just put the opening_plugin from the attatchment and now I managed to get the game working again so it works with custom xmb.

18. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

-edited- if you got it working congrats. the program is easier to use if you have a fresh install or a un-customized copy of 3.40 OE-A. But again congrats on getting it to work.

19. PSMod

PSMod Member

When you used it did you just load LOLStation or did you put the original psp 'opening_plugin.rco' back in the Flash0 before loading LOLStation?

20. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I put all my original flash0 files back in the flash0 directories. Now if you didn't make a backup of flash0, then the easiest way to get a fresh flash0 would be to do a reinstall of 3.40 OE-A and then backup the flash0.