1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long burn time after Computer is rebuilt

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by rulisky, May 3, 2007.

1. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

My computer was recently rebuilt. New motherboard, harddrive, and power supply. The motherboard is more uptodate and now uses a SATA harddrive; old one (crashed) was ATA. All other components were retained and reused; ie. processor chip, drives, cards, etc. Reinstalling the software was a bit tedious.

Anyway. Now, when I backup a movie my burn speed runs between 1.0 - 1.2x even though I have selected 4x using ImgBurn.

Am using all the usual tools and the burn is successful. The disks are Sony +R 8x MIJ - the good TY disks.

I am wondering if there is some setting in the Bios or the Software that I am forgetting?? DMA is On. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

2. attar

attar Senior member

In the bios, I believe the IDE settings on the controllers for DMA is set as 'auto'.

Consider uninstalling the ide controller or the dvd drive in the hardware manager and letting the drivers be reinstalled on reboot.

3. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

OK!!

I did the "uninstall" in the device manager and rebooted. It picked up just fine. I had an .iso all ready to burn and it ran at 4x as selected. Go figure.

Thanks!

4. attar

attar Senior member

It's a jungle, aint it?