1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

long burning time

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by joshminer, Apr 9, 2005.

1. andmerr

andmerr Guest

Encoding is opposite of decoding. Encoding means that a file, whether it is an audio, video or picture file, is compressed to another format that normally takes up less physical drive space than the previous format.

Common video encoding methods are DivX, MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 -- most common audio encoding method or format is MP3.

Your avi needs to be changed to an mpeg2 format so that you are able to burn it to dvd and then play it in a standalone dvd player

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Encoding, the process of reading the disc, I think!!! I can burn dvds in 15mins max (4x with +RW media)

3. joshminer

joshminer Guest

ok but if it takes me 1 and a half hrs just to turn my avi into mpeg2 wouldnt it just defeat the purpose of taking less time since it takes about 90 minutes to do that anyway?

And why would my nero freeze up and go not responding in task manager when i put more than 2 chapters in a movie?

4. joshminer

joshminer Guest

nothing your telling me is making my burning time faster its still at 2-3 hours. i need more help this is way over the time it should take.

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I think Andmerr is on the right track. The long time he is getting is probably from the AVI to dvd format conversion. He may somehow be doing it without realizing it takes several hours to convert those type of files.

Jerry

@joshminer---If you haven't already been told, its against forum rules to multipost the same type question. Just for future reference.

6. joshminer

joshminer Guest

ok so whats the fastest way to convert AVI files to mpeg2?

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  8. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@joshminer: If you had detailed your question the proper way the first time around the members here wouldnt have to practically pull teeth to get all the infomation from you.Maybe you should explore this site a bit, read the guides section and other threads pertaining to your problem.I have already given you a faster method and other members have tried to help you but you obviously didnt read the posts or you wouldnt have asked for a faster method.Also have a read of the forum rules you posted this question several times with different headings but ultimately the same question.

If you dont help your self spoon feeding isnt allowed on this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ joshminer,

I warned you about multiposting. You should've taken it seriously.