1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long time to write leadin dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by deadcat, Jun 13, 2004.

1. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

Iv noticed that while dvd+r disc's were only takin a few seconds to write leadin and begin burning, -r discs are taking over 1 minute. Im not using the greatest media but was curious to know if this was normal. The discs are still burning/playing fine, although it also takes the -r discs an extra long time to finalize cache at end of burn. Im using nero and dvd decrypter to burn and this happens with both

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

deadcat,

It could just be the write speed of the -R. If you've got Nero, use the toolkit and run NeroInfoTool. It should tell you the max write speed of your -R disc.

3. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

the disc's are all 4x no name brand. Im just wondering how long it takes other ppl to write the leadin and finalize cache in their experience. Im guessing its because of the dodgy media im using, but it burns no probs and its cheap.
    If someone could come on and say "i use ritek and it only takes me 2 seconds to write the leadin" or the equivalent, then ill know its the discs and not my burner
    Cheers

4. kbm

kbm Guest

I use RitekG04 -R and it usally takes about a min. to write lead-in.

5. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

ok, so it must be the way -r discs are designed. All my +r disc's take sweet f all time to write