1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a DVD/DivX player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by hotts, Dec 24, 2005.

1. marik1234

marik1234 Regular member

Actually, I think u can make it region free with a code, anyone know it or where i can find it?

2. lisa321

lisa321 Member

hi can anone help me out? im looking for a dvd/divx player that plays multi regional dvds

also are there any dvd players that play .avi files? cos most of my downloads are .avi and if i convert them the quality isnt as good

any help appreciated!
    thanks

3. gear79

gear79 Guest

@ lisa........... first welcome to afterdawn

second,i know your a noob here, so i will be gentle.........
    read my stickey.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/274624

for your .avi files, any player that supports divx will more then likely play .avi files. the player i have is the LG LDA-511, and it plays it all. not region free, but i have programs where i can change the region if needed.

@ marik..... SACD is in another league of its own. but in my opinion, not worth it........ my Yamaha receiver can handle all the petty crap and make the sound amazing.

4. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Hello lisa321..Welcome..U might want to go to CompUSA
    Right now they have 2 Players
    A Philips dvp642 dvd and divX player..but people posting here,some have had problems with..I myself returned one
    A US LOGIC..Which I bought & am happy with..Both Players are about 60bucks
    I strongly recommend,U buy the extended warranty for 20bucks on which ever one U purchase
    Also a good Player on the net is the AVAYON DXP1000 DVD Player
    Plays DivX / XVID / DVD / DVD-R / DVD-RW / DVD+R / DVD+RW / CD-R / CD-RW / MP3 CD / AudioCD / PhotoCD (JPEG) / WMA CD
    Right now U can get it for 70bucks with free shipping at http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3995425
    This is a reliable place to purchase Delivery & service on this unit is great.I personaly purchased this unit & was quite pleased,I know two other people who are happy with this unit.One nice feature is it has hook ups for 5.1 sound
    The people here that recommend will stear U in the right direction,

5. lisa321

lisa321 Member

hey thank you!! ill check them out, but ill have to look on the uk sites, but hopefully ill find the one i need thank yoou again!

6. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Hey lisa321..U guys have a whole different standard for Players,I would strongly suggest U find a region free unit,U would be better off checking some local UK online stores.then finding some UK forums on the products..Is'nt your Electricity on a diff cycle then U S & DVD's in the PAL format..WHICH PAL IS OK
    I am able to play the PALs here in the U S due to the fact my Players are region free