1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a new Custom Firmware (PSP 1001 1.50 OFW)

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Patman27, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Patman27

Patman27 Member

Hello all,

I just finished dusting off and juicing up my original PSP 1001 series. It's been sitting unused for quite a while, so I've decided to bring it up to spec with homebrew and media so I'd start using it again. I've already downgraded to 1.50 OFW using the TIFF exploit.

There seem to be a lot of new custom firmwares out since the last time I was "In" on the PSP scene. Last I remember, my other (now stolen) PSP was running 3.73 M33 (?) and it ran SNES emus, IRshell and the like quite nicely. With the advent of the PSN and newly-supported features, which would be the best all-around CFW to install on my unit? I want the ability to backup and play my UMDs as well as any homebrew I can throw at it. The newest officially-supported features (such as the QWERTY keyboard) would be nice, too.

Suggestions? Comments? Opinions? Testimonials? Lemme hear it! :)

Thanks guys!

(p.s. What are the fundamental differences between the different CFWs, anyway?)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  2. Einzbern

Einzbern Member

I'm in a similar predicament. Haven't touched my PSP in a year or two. It's a 1000, and currently has the 5.00 M33 CFW. I'm not sure which CFW I should upgrade to.

I do not have a pandora battery, though from a little reading around it sounds like something you can softmod from a regular battery by launching some homebrew app?

Any help is appreciated!