1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for advise on backing up my cd version PS2 games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dloner, Feb 23, 2004.

1. dloner

dloner Guest

I have been using CDRWIN to first rip the game then I use it to burn it onto a cdr. ( I have a top loader and Swapmagic )This has worked very well with certain games such as pro bass masters and tetris worlds but on some other games mostly driving games it will load and you can go through all the selecting of drivers and cars and track selections but hen it freezes as it loads the actual race. this happens on Midnight club and Hotwheels. on Freekstyle it works great except after I complete any race it freezes. and with Big Mother Trucker it only shows a few moments of lead in track then when it goes to check memory card it locks. Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong.

2. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

it might be cdrwin thats giving you the problem, i really dont know doe. but what i can tell you is that i always burn cd-rom games on the fly. and have never had a problem burning them 1:1 using (Stomp recordnow max v4.50) or (Sonic record now max) or anything that will let you burn "exact copy" try that.i only burn the image of a dvd game into my hd first and than burn it.. but for cdrom games i think its safe to do a 1:1 copy

3. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

The best program for PS1 burning is CloneCD hands down, easy and works everytime.

4. dloner

dloner Guest

Okay I went into the FAQ's section here and found a list of games that Swap Magic has fixes for. One was Midnight club (one I was having problems with) so after burning this fix to a cdr then another hour trying to understand how it worked (you place your swap magic in first then when load program comes up pop in the fix disc then when prompted replace with the back up that was burned...using a top loader for all this disc swaping) well although the fix stated it was for that particular game.... it fixed them all! if I use that fix with the swap magic all my games work now. Thanks everyone for the help. I am so glad I figured this out.

5. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

yea v7_beta 3 5v3 no pin fixes alot of troublesome games. just out of curiosity what version of ps2 do you own. if you have a v7 or above, some games you need to activate the submenu on the cdloader screen, simply by pressing x, youll get a menu of cdloader types, choose to appropiate one designed for that particular game and it should fix everything..peace, and im glad everything is working out for you

6. dloner

dloner Guest

I have V4

7. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

i had a v4, it rarely gave me problems with double check games, as a matter of fact i never used cdloader for any games, untill now that i own a v7