1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for automatic playlist generator (m3u) for multiple MP3 folder

Discussion in 'Audio' started by fiber32, Apr 27, 2009.

1. fiber32

fiber32 Regular member

guys, any application that can generate a M3U playlist from a collection of mp3 folder.

I have a collection of MP3 which are sorted by artist folder and inside that artist folder would the album folder all the MP3 has all the tag filled up.

Any tools that i could used to do an automatic M3U generator? Currently i'm using the windows media player or Tag and Rename but it can do only one folder at a time.

what i am looking automatic generator and can be customized based on the MP3 TAGS. e.g. Artist - album.m3u

thanks for the help...

2. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

I don't know what you mean by 'automatic M3U generator' but WinAmp creates M3U files and you can sort your music any way you want (artist, album, title, date etc.) once it's in the library. I keep most of my music in a single folder and let WinAmp sort it for me.

3. fiber32

fiber32 Regular member

This will create a playlist inside the folder which contains all the MP3, winamp does but you can only create one folder at a time. I'm looking for an application that can do automatic creation of playlist let's say i have 50 folder. If there's an applicaton that would be greate if NOT, then i have to do one folder at a time.

4. Mez

Mez Active member

You didn't get enough details for what you want to do. If you want to pick 20 folders and create a playlist for each folder you would need a dedicated app. I believe Media Monkey has a script that will do that. Media Monkey can run specialized sub routines written by anyone. There are hundreds of these sub apps listed in the script forum.

Then you would need to export the playlists after they were built. You would find out where to find and how to install the script from the Media Monkey script forum.

Since I answered yours, please answer mine. What are you trying to do? Make virtual disks? Media Monkey supports that feature probably better than what you are trying to do.

5. fiber32

fiber32 Regular member

thanks for the reply..for my application i have a hack Wii (homebrew) that has now a media center to play mp3 and video, since the media player it is still in the development stage all it can do now is just play one song at a time (play and stop), for me to play/listen is to create a playlist to listen within the folder.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/MPlayer_CE

All my musics and video's are save on a shared folder from a PC using SMB protocol(Wii) so the Wii and all other media center are centralized.

Wii is the only problem right now thats why i need a playlist creator for all the folder.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  6. Mez

Mez Active member

So media center will play a play list? Good luck. I think you might like all the scripts for Media Monkey they can do just about anything worth doing.