1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking For Burning Software

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by rwinegar, Dec 26, 2013.

1. rwinegar

rwinegar Member

I have a 6 year old PC running Nero version 6. It is simple to use and I love it. I ordered a new additional computer running Win7 64 bit. I need to find new burning software. The reviews on the new Nero products are horrible. I am not sure what to do. If I install another product like Ashampoo which is highly rated, will it be able to read the many multisession CD's and DVD's which were created with Nero 6? Will it be able to burn additional files on open session CD's and DVD's which were created with Nero 6? This is a major concern.

If I decide to stick with a newer version of Nero what is the oldest version which will work SMOOTHLY with Win7 64 bit and where can I get it? I am interested in obtaining a legitimate version of an older program and I am willing to pay for it. I am not a big fan of cracks, warez, etc.

Thanks for your help.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

open session discs can be burned with any program.
    Nero 10 will work fine i wasn't keen on v11 since nero recode had been changed,in the end nero hasn't changed, the interface might look different however under the hood everything else is still there,reviews have to be taken with a good dose of salt there's no point installing more software on an already buggy computer...lol...,all full versions of nero are trial ware,it would pay to register your v6.0 as you'll get a discount if you upgrade i think nero is now at 2014/ v12,Nero used to be my main program for burning it's now been relegated to burning video dvd's everything else is handled by the program below apart from nero recode.You can do a test run on your old machine by copying an already open session disc on a rw type cd/dvd,then burn extra files with imgburn

imgburn in software section

3. rwinegar

rwinegar Member

What did Nero 11 change about recode. I was thinking about buying v11.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

they changed the interface that wasn't the issue there were some functionality changes which i required & i couldn't find them it was tho they had been removed,so downgrade it was,you can get the untouched trial versions of 10 & 11 on torrent to test run & compare,haven't tried the latest nero recode

5. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i had a topic a couple of years back asking for burning software.I can't find it now as it was that long ago.

any way i got cdburnerxp and imgburn and another 1 called burn.cdburnerxp works imgburn works.
    both free i havnt tryed the other 1 yet.

i had nero 6 but kept asking for burning rom when using it on windows 7.

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

next to your nick at top of webpage is settings,hit that & your profile comes up, from in there it has a link of a list of all discussions you've posted in ,doing a search from the search directly above it when page has opened may bring up the long lost thread

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i use cdburnerxp on my xp & win7 64bit computers with no problems.