1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for DVD ripper software!

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Grasim, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Grasim

Grasim Guest

Hi guys,
    I am looking for the fast and easy to use DVD ripping software, which can provide high speed with excellent quality. I am facing storage problem in my system, as DVD format movies are large files which use a lot of space in hard drive. Any help will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks a lot!

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

3. Kratos77

Kratos77 Guest

Another newbie not looking at the right forum's again. Use ZoSoIV's link. And I highly recommend Dvd Fab HD Decrypter. Get the latest update now. That should take care of your ripping needs.

4. hhaggster

hhaggster Member

I practically memorized the intro thread for ripper-newbies. Great point of departure. Thanks to everybody who contributed.

Here's my newbie follow-up question to the intro thread: from all that I have read here it seems that the anydvd-clonedvd combo is the way to go if one is willing to pay for copy software. However, I have also come across a comprehensive review of some 20+ programs that ranks a program called "DVD Cloner" as #1. The other top rankings are: #2: 1 Click DVD Copy, #3: DVD Fab, and #4 CloneDVD. In other words, "DVD Cloner" is ranked higher than the two pay programs recommended in the intro thread. It also happens to be at least $30 cheaper. Does anyone have any experience with "DVD Cloner"?

5. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

yeah its junk

the best pay programs are clonedvd 2 + anydvd or DVDfab platinum

the reviews you have read are bias and shouldn't be taking to heart

with the so called DVD Cloner and 1 Click DVD Copy you will still need anydvd or dvdfab decrypter to remove the protection.

we have been doing this for a long time so we know what were talking about

6. Kratos77

Kratos77 Guest

The best way I know and the best advice I can give on this is. Spend a little money and get Dvd Fab Platinum and get all future update's from there on out for free. Just download the demo version and give it a shot. What do you got to lose. Or you can go the cheap, but more timely route and get absolutely free downloads of the latest Dvd Fab HD Decrypter, Dvd Shrink 3.2, and imgburn or a Nero program compatible for Dvd Shrink to use as a burn engine for writing your media to DVD-R or DVD+R. I have tried both and both methods are pretty effective. I heard the new Nero 7.5 is compatible to Dvd Shrink. But I haven't tried it yet. But Nero 6.3.0.3,6.6.1.4, and 6.6.0.18 are for sure. I use 6.3.0.3 myself.

7. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Exactly. We know this stuff, and i'll agree with Zoso wholeheartedley..."Dvd Cloner" is junk.

The best freeware and best payware options for backing up movies is outlined in Zoso's guide.

That's the stuff you'll find most of the members here use, because it's the best stuff out there.

Burn on!

8. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

DVDFab Platinum, in my opinion has the upper-hand over Slysoft's as it pretty much does everything. It also encodes DVDs into numerous video formats which is fitting if your goal is to maximize hard drive space.

9. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

DVDFab Platinum,i haven't bought but i may soon

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  10. Kratos77

Kratos77 Guest

I have Dvd Fab Platinum. It's very useful for a lot of different type's of Media format that it can convert Dvd's into. But most of all. When just copying original Dvd Media to DVD-R/DVD+R, it cut's down on time. But if you have time the other way isn't bad either. So me personally. I could get by with or with out it. I mainly use it to make Avi's.

11. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

I have Clonedvd 2 + anydvd thats why i haven't bought it. I do use dvdfab decrypter and fixvts(if needed) then burn with clonedvd 2 that combo works out well .I don't do many avi files anyway the few that i do I've used dvd flick

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  12. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I have been seriously thinking about picking up DvdFab Platinum as well.

I guess what's holding me back is how effective DvdFab Hd Decrypter along with my normal process is.

Still undecided.

13. catfreak

catfreak Active member

ICOPYDVDs2 + AnyDVD is my current favorite

Nero Recode2 + AnyDVD works well, also

CloneDVD + AnyDVD is another one that I like

But . . for action movies that I playback on a large plasma TV . . ICOPYDVDs2 + AnyDVD has the best artifact-free picture . . .

14. Gottawin

Gottawin Regular member

After my trial period was over, I went ahead and purchased it this week.(DVDFab Platinum) I guess I'm getting lazy .. .. . :)

15. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

its the best deal out there now since slysoft jacked there stuff way up

16. Kratos77

Kratos77 Guest

Cool,... they managed to squeeze in one more up date on Leap Year!!! DVDFab HD Decrypter 4.0.8.0 is out today 2-29-08. I hope everyone had a Happy Leap Year Day, LOL!!! Here's a link. http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

17. catfreak

catfreak Active member

. . . Right now, AnyDVD is $74.32USD

Whew! I'm glad I bought a bunch of their software a year ago before proces were raised . . and using discount codes

18. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

yeah with NO coupon code no way i would touch slysoft

19. frogno1

frogno1 Member

20. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Methinks many more people are picking up DvdFab Platinum just because of Slysoft's price hike.

Here lately DvdFab's been a little quicker on the updates too.