1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for expert help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by RavenDude, Sep 27, 2004.

1. RavenDude

RavenDude Member

Hey I am new to the whole site. I have been reading a lot of the forums that many of you have written but I am still unclear on many things. I have a PS2 V/9. I want to get a mod chip for it. Whats the best mod chip for cheap price and where can I get it installed? Next, whats the best software to copy games? I have a Lite On dvd writer, does that make a differnece on anything?

2. bigboneli

bigboneli Guest

This isn't really 'expert' advice, as it doesn't need to be for these questions, but here goes. You mentioned you want a modchip instead of a fliptop, so good choice, and i'd HIGHLY recommend the dms3. Rock solid, but you knew that after all the reading you did ;)
    As for installation in your area, without knowing your area, no one can really help you there. Search the forum again for a reputable modder you can send your ps2 to if that's your only option. Look for folks happy with return times, and being able to track progress from start to finish (seems y'all are paranoid when you send your ps2's off).
    Finally, your LiteOn writer is absolutely fine, and you'll want a copy of DVD-Decrypter to back up your original games. Just get it done, and don't worry, lots of help around here. One last thing. I said dms3 :)

3. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

I must disagree... Matrix Infinity all the way. If you want to get a good installl, get it done by these guys (http://www.norcalmods.com). They did a great job on my version 10. Personally i burn my games with alcohol but decrypter works just fine.