1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for GOOD media.....

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ricks1, Jan 26, 2007.

1. ricks1

ricks1 Member

Hello everyone, I was told that the memorex blank DVD's that I have are garbage compare to other better media's that are available out there. Although, the memorex DVD's have not failed me yet, I'm curious if it is giving me the best image quality after the burn....

So here is my question on Verbatim blanks (which looks like every one seems to agree are good). I found a really good deal on "super media store.com" that are selling these dvd's cheaper than the memorex dvd's that I bought on sale. I just want to check and see if anyone can give me feed back on it. here is what they are selling: "Verbatim (94852) 8X DVD-R Shiny Silver 100 Pack in Cake Box Spindle (Two 50-PK) - Free Ground Shipping" for $34.99.

Any answers are appreciated!

2. matt72

matt72 Regular member

Hi,

Memorex blank dvds are some of the worst media as far as dvd is concerned (supported comment by most who have been on this forum awhile). Check the link out in my sig regarding media and see memorex is not recommended by any. Also there is a forum for media which is very informative and includes recommended retailers and media id codes as well. Keep in mind that even though your dvds have not failed you yet six months to a year they possibly could no longer play (once again see comments in the dvd media thread).

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/47

Sorry forgot to include the above link is the media forum here on afterdawn.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

The best media related post I've seen in a while...

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?postid=501218#post501218

4. ricks1

ricks1 Member