1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for one program capable of burning back up personal dvds

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by blue2182, Mar 14, 2005.

1. blue2182

blue2182 Member

I have a lite on dvd burner. I also have the dvdx copy platinum program. It works with my sony burner but will not work with my lite on. In another post i asked what programs to use that would work with the lite on and someone suggested the dvddecyrptor andthe dvd shrink. I have installedboth of them and haveprinter the guides and it just wil not work. Does anyone know of a single program that will allow me to use the lite on burner and copy my own personal dvd movies using an almost one touch setup like the dvd xcopy platinum express program. Thanks for your help....frustrated in cyber world

2. wild77

wild77 Guest

Are you sure you don't have a hardware problem?

How are your drives connected?

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

blue2182,
    If these are personal movie then they are probably in .avi mode. For your programs to copy an .avi file you need to turn the .avi into a mpeg-2 DVD-compliant file.
    Look under guides at the top of this thread and there should be the guide there to do this along w/ the software required

Regarding the Lite-on Burner Did you run Drive Select in Xcopy so the program knows which burner to use?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  4. blue2182

blue2182 Member

I have had other people post that the lite on burners do not work with the dvd x copy platinum. As far as the drive select goes. I did have the proper drives selected. These are standard dvd movies I purchase at different retail stores but that my daughter has a pentient for scratching to the point they do not work anymore. That is why I am looking for a single program like the dvd x copy platinum that will work with the lite on burner to make backup copies for my own personal use. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

blue2182 ,
    I have a Lite-on and also Xcopy and it works on my computer. That is why we asked if you are sure it is not a hardware problem.
    Use DVD Shrink and DVDDecrypter to burn. Both free and once set up they are the same # of clicks to copy a movie. Yoy can find both programs in the guide section along w/ the instructions

6. wild77

wild77 Guest

If you can't figure out how to use Shrink and Decrypter you could check out AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2 from SlySoft.They have a 21 day trial

Does your Lite On burner play movies or burn CD's?

7. blue2182

blue2182 Member

It does burn CD's and it does play movies. I will give your two suggestions a try. Thank you