1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Really Good Data Recovery Software.....Any ideas ?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by davidod, May 19, 2012.

1. davidod

davidod Member

Hi

My 2tb WD hard drive decided to die and downloaded Stellar Phoenix software to recover the files.

The software was working away and I recovered about a quarter of the info when my 2 year old son pulled out the hard dfrive usb connection so I had to start again. Oh well !

However since then the Sterllar Phoenix cannot even see the hard drive and although it is visible in my computer I cannot get the revovery softweare to work.

Is there any better software i can use that might work?

Also wondering why the hard drive has deteriorated further and why it stopped working in the first place ? The whole thing is very puzzling to me.......

All advice would be very gratefully received.

Dave

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. -AfterLife-

-AfterLife- Regular member

4. aviator73

aviator73 Member

Any success?
    R-Studio, Recover My Files... the best two apps for this kind of job I tried (not both in all cases but at least one of them should work.) (Btw once in R-Studio I had to trim first 512 bytes of each recovered video file to get the correct ones, a bit strange but I saved about 400GB of movies this way.) Sounds like file or partition information was screwed up on your hard drive... Or maybe its electronics started dying... I guess the most of your data could be restored somehow, but in this case I would also check computer for viruses, USB cable, USB controller and even power supply. Regards, Alex

5. ajms1989

ajms1989 Member

Perhaps, some problem arisen due to accidentally removing the hard drive. You can try again from scratch if possible. This do the tricks as i have already face this issue.

6. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

That's the joy of having 2 year olds it keeps you on your toes and makes your hair turn gray a lot faster.I know how you feel.

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

spammers spammed